how to delete a comment

how to delete a comment

Hi, you only have to flag that comment using the flag icon that can be seen in the top-right corner of the comment box and it will be removed:

Screenshot_2018-11-28

3 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for asking your question at Envato forum.

Can you tell us Exactly which comment Envato forum comment ?
Or item comment at market place ?

1. answer : http://prntscr.com/lnyghl
  2. Item comment already @hevada given.

I was late writing cause ET is turn off

Thanks

Hello @hevada

Sometime buyer add theme purchased code in item comments page when ask for support.

If we not want to delete whole comment, can’t we edit comment and remove only purchased code from comment?

The solution is the same: flag the comment, mentioning what you need in the flag comment and the Envato Help&Support Team, when they review the flag, will edit the comment according to your needs.

Also, as you might know already, a comment can be edited immediately after its creation, for s hort period of time.

2 Likes

That mean same flat is use for both edit and delete operation, We have to tell in comment, what we have to edit or complete delete comment, Right?

Yes, that’s how the system works now.

Hello @hevada

Thanks for your quick reply,

What about this when i opened ticket about edit item comment, they replied we can’t edit comment

In that case, you can ask for the comment to be deleted and ask your buyers to not post purchase keys anymore when they request help.

As for your screenshot, we do not know all the context here :slight_smile: so I’m sure that Envato Help & Support team knows better.

Hello @hevada

You are right envato team better know, So we can’t edit item comment, We can use flag only for delete comment

And i think we should not delete all item comment this way because of purchased code added in comment, It must edit option for remove purchased code.

We both know already that giving authors the possibility to edit buyers comments would be an over-abused feature.

If you have a feedback regarding site features, it’s better to suggest it to the team that is in charge with this: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

Hello @hevada

You are right and i also understand that author should not allow edit buyers comment, but i think flag must use for edit and delete both and flag not delete comment but it edit comment and remove purchased code only

Right now one flag only use for delete, there should another flag for edit and envato team review and edit that comment only

Hi

I think already published comments in the Item should not keep edit features. As original poster has a option to edit his own comments within a very few time of the first submit. If anything wrong with comments then anyone can Flag it with comments about the wrong issue and Envato Team will investigate and wil remove if reasonable.

Thanks

Hi @hevada

If I am not wrong I think Site feedback and Comments are not the same. Site feedback related to Item Review and Comments are Opinion about Item or Forum Post.

Thanks

yes this is what i did for a blatantly unfair one and only negative rating i have ever received in which there was nothing but lies and nothing had been done … when this had been done for others …