How to convert PSD files into wordpress theme without photoshop

Hello,

I just come to buy a PSD template from Shegy : Xtech Premium PSD template to create a wordpress theme.

It’s the first time I buy something like that, just to say I am a newby.

I thought I could easily transform the PSD files into a wordpress theme and that a tutorial will be given with the PSD files. But no. I wanted to buy the original files because with these, I thought I could easily personnalize the template in the future.

I have well received what I have ordered but I realise now I cannot do nothing with the PSD files I have bought because I don’t have photoshop and therefore the plugin divine is pontless.

May I do something with GIMP?

The only solution I see for the moment is to find someone that would be OK to convert the PSD template into a wordpress theme and send me the files.

Also how can I be sure that the wordpress theme converted by Divine will be properly written and coded?

Is there someone on the forum that can do this job for me? I read it’s something really easy that cost only 2 minutes to do. The matter is that you have to get Photoshop and Divine. Tell me also for which price you can do it for me.

Thanks

Fabien

It is WAY more than a two minute job - if you are a newbie then I am not going to get into the technicalities of why that is the case.

Your best bet is to ask someone on here (as you have) or Google “PSD to WP” but then you will be looking at very least a few hundred dollars (maybe $60 - $100 PER PAGE) especially if you want any kind of JS or effects plus the code form the websites is sometimes questionable.

P.s Gimp will not really help you

Typical CfH story here.

1. I thought I could easily transform the PSD files into a wordpress theme and that a tutorial will be given with the PSD files.
2. Is there someone on the forum that can do this job for me? I read it’s something really easy that cost only 2 minutes to do. The matter is that you have to get Photoshop and Divine.

I’m sure you will have the same result in “converting” PSD to WP using washing machine as with Divine.

@fabieng10, there is no software that takes a design and converts it to wordpress theme. What you have bought is a design. That design can be used by a developer to build a theme… but that is way more complicated than the idea of “putting an image into a converter”. I would say you are in a big confusion about how this things work.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

My imagination was that on one side of a software you enter the PSD files, and at the other side, you get the wordpress theme. But I was wrong.

Converting PSD to WP is a job that cost many time, yet that the code has to be implemented manually.

Now there is an other question that comes to my mind, if converting a PSD file to a wordpress page cost 60$ to 100$, why people buy PSD files ? Why people don’t buy directly wordpress theme? What is the advantage to get the PSD files?

Fabien

fabieng10 said

Now there is an other question that comes to my mind, if converting a PSD file to a wordpress page cost 60$ to 100$, why people buy PSD files ? Why people don’t buy directly wordpress theme? What is the advantage to get the PSD files?

Because people know how to code a WP theme, from a PSD design?

If there was an existing WP version of the PSD I am sure that they would buy the WP theme. But if there is only a PSD available and they really want that design then as Mikedidthis said it is because they know either how to code it or where to go to get it done.

Ok guys, that’s clear in my mind.

Finally I am going to buy directly a wordpress theme. It will be cheaper and as well done.

Thanks again.

Fabien

No problem! Welcome to the forum, and do let us know what theme you end up with :slight_smile:

sitegrinder3 and artisteer, but I didn’t try it …