How to be a creative designer? How do you get the idea?

Hello guys,
I have always wanted to know from other designers that how can one be creative in his work or more creative.
For example sometimes i notice that an icon designer or a logo designer or even a web designer comes up with a design that is not only stunning but its so creative and new that one wonders here did he get the idea?
I always wanted to know how did he get the idea?

I mean i can understand how someone get good in using a software by practicing it regularly.

But what about brand new creative ideas. Are these guys born with it? They say some people are just born creative. Or do they acquire these characteristics throughout their life experience.

For example i don’t exactly remember but i read in a book. Initially an artist doesn’t have much idea when he starts. So he starts drawing by looking at other people’s drawing. He tries to make it similar to their work. And so on. And as things progress his skill increases. His memory increases and then at a time comes when he can combine the drawing skills from his memory and also try some experiment to come up with a unique new idea. This is how some learn to be creative. I hope i am making sense.

So in short :

1. Is creativity a quality that is someone born with?

2. Or is it a quality that you learn throughout your life by working hard and from experience.

I would really love to hear your input on this. And also love to hear personal stories of how you guys became a creative designer in your field.

Thank you for reading.

In my opinion there is no such thing as “talent”. If you really like something, you will learn faster and better. Ask yourself what you like to do and do it.

God… what I’m doing here? I always want to be a fireman. Girls love firemans… :joy:

Thank you for the answer. So creativity can be learnt if someone wants to.

God… what I’m doing here? I always want to be a fireman. Girls love firemans…

If you really like something, you will learn faster and better. Ask yourself what you like to do and do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

For me, creative is something complicated. Sometimes it’s difficult to be understood. Then I belief that creative seems like habit, it needs practices and repetition.

At the end of the day its practicing for a long time that leads one to
become creative. I do wish to improve my creativity more. Lets see how it
goes.