How much money do you make selling Wordpress themes?

I am sure others have asked this question before but here we go: How much money (or sales if you don’t want to tell the world your income) do you make selling Wordpress themes on TF?

I want to get some numbers: e.g. number of sales in a year, number of themes you have in your portfolio, time you spend supporting buyers on forums, etc.

I want to make sure it is worth investing my time on this or not before I make the jump. Obviously, some developers make a lot of money here (>100,000US$/year) while others sold less than 1000 items after 2 years (looking at their portfolio you understand why). :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Jeremie

jeeremie said

I am sure others have asked this question before but here we go: How much money (or sales if you don’t want to tell the world your income) do you make selling Wordpress themes on TF?

I want to get some numbers: e.g. number of sales in a year, number of themes you have in your portfolio, time you spend supporting buyers on forums, etc.

I want to make sure it is worth investing my time on this or not before I make the jump. Obviously, some developers make a lot of money here (>100,000US$/year) while others sold less than 1000 items after 2 years (looking at their portfolio you understand why). :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Jeremie

Hey Jeremie,

Welcome to the forums! While others might wish to share their experience with you, a lot of the information you asked about you can find out simply by browsing the authors profile pages. Things like sales, items in portfolios, date added etc are all publicly viewable. There are also some great older threads on providing support you may want to search for in case you find them useful, though I’m sure some authors will share their current thoughts with you.

Again, welcome! :slight_smile:

Yes, I know. I have been checking quite a lot already. I guess my post was not clear enough. What I want to know is more how much people earn on average and how many themes they sell on average. Hope that makes things clearer :slight_smile:

A tip:

Don’t ask for someones income. Envato doesn’t release their quarterly earnings, so why would you expect an author to?

In regards to your query

I want to make sure it is worth investing my time on this or not before I make the jump.

It’s one of those things where you get back what you put into it :wink:

So spend the time and put the work in and it will most definitely be worth it :slight_smile:

jeeremie said

while others sold less than 1000 items after 2 years (looking at their portfolio you understand why). :slight_smile:

Well I just wanted to point out that there are some really talented authors who produce templates that are not so universal, that’s why they don’t get as much sales as the top authors. It’s not a sign of a bad quality or anything if you don’t make 1000 sales in 2 years.

Make a theme that everyone will buy and you will be earning more than someone with a degree in no time.

jeeremie said

No money at all. Theme business is awful. Stay away… Nope, no money to be made here, just keep on moving along.

ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

No money at all. Theme business is awful. Stay away… Nope, no money to be made here, just keep on moving along.

Good advice. :wink:

ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

:smiley:

ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

=)))

lol

duotive said
ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

=)))

Very friendly community :smiley:

If your first thought is money, then the outcome won’t be good. Learn how to do it and create awesome stuff. If you always think about money you’ll rush things. Take it slow :slight_smile: There is a lot of money in ThemeForest, but also, there is a lot of patience required to get that money. :slight_smile:

Hey cybrok. You are better than my self. Can i post a question in here too related with cybrok problems? Could us develop a simple themes at here?

Or we need develop advanced themes?

Thank you.

I am a web developer and likes creating wordpress themes, so i go here to get some experience creating a wordpress themes. :slight_smile:

o__O

11 month old thread.

ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

Ha ha! :smiley:

Even after 11 month nothing changed - there is no money in themes business. nuff said :slight_smile:

I think that we are missing one important question to compare your options and tell if it’s worth it. How much money do you earn now ? :slight_smile:

ThemeBlvd said
jeeremie said

This guy gets it! haha!