How important do you really think it is for a track not to be repetitive to be approved?

I always read such comments in threads with the tag ‘item-feedback’ that repetitiveness is one of the main reasons of rejection. I’ve also got such feedback and I’ve also given such feedback.

But when I listen to new approved tracks I see extremely repetitive tracks being approved very often. So I don’t think it is an important indicator for the reviewers whether a track is going to be approved or not. I don’t want to name any authors or tracks but I think it’s pretty easy to find such repetitive tracks.

What do you think, how important do you really think it is for a track not to be repetitive to be approved?

Depends on the genre, length, general feel… For some corporate videos, repetitiveness is what is sought.

1 Like

Interesting…

You obviously have a lot more experience than I do. What would you say about Cinematic, rock and electronic genres? Is repetitiveness also acceptable/wanted?

Again, it can vary. For a cinematic trailers, ruptures and surprises are important. But a car dealer may look for a repetitive rock track to maintain a same level of energy. It really depends on specific cases and I don’t think there’s a definite rule. You just have to make sure the music isn’t boring in context.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess it’s all about context…