How do you organize your working time?

How do you organize your working time?
Do you work on time or when you are in a good mood?

8 Likes

I work strictly according to plan. I have a notebook in which I write everything down(a month in advance). Recently, I have pasted a red sheet of paper and and write a task for the day (under the monitor). :slight_smile: But it was not always for me. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for answer ))

1 Like

We also work according to our plans. We have a weekly plan, but each morning we talk about how to organize the day, and how much time / work has the other, and what is the next step. For example when Gregor starts to master the track, I star to figure out the best tags for that music. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You do not work alone is cool)

3 Likes

I try to work by a plan, I even have a written agenda with daily tasks split on hours, but I never succeed to follow it :slight_smile:

I start my work in the morning, then my daughter needs help with her homeworks or clothing. I help her, then I go back to work again.

Then she needs lunch. Then I go to work again, trying to remember what I was working.

When I finally remember what I was doing, I have to take her to school.

Then I go back, but my cat needs attention or cleaning, then my husband comes home and he wants to eat, then I remember I forgot to buy something.

Then I go back to work again.

Trying to focus on what I was doing, but I remember to search on google stupid things like “it is normal for kids to eat less at 10 years” or “crazy cat needs attention” or “how to boost the backend code in a WP website”.

Then I become lost in things because I am a curious person and I like to know many things…

Then I remember at 5 pm that I have to take my daughter from school, feed the cat again, buy something, cook something…

And I go round and round in circles every day and I’m never able to do what my agenda says I should do :))

But I do know by heart “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by " Stephen Covey" if this counts :slight_smile:

16 Likes

As a single dad with two little boys I feel you.

3 Likes

I do other businesses and I have a job, so I’m basically busy, but every few weeks, I create bunch of corporate songs in 2-3 days, to me corporate is easy and I can nail them in few hours, and on the side I work on an Epic track that requires more time and attention.

4 Likes

I think always that I will work every time. but I can’t. Only at that time, I could work when my mind is fresh.

4 Likes

You are a caring mother! My wife with whom I live for 6 years at night as a cook !It works in fast food, something like Mac Donalds :slight_smile: (and makes pizza at night and hamburgers) . Very interesting story! :blush: I always love fresh “El Gaucho or Pepperoni”! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Usually I am quite dedicated when I start a new project. (I say usually because these last few days I’ve been spending quite a bit of time here in these forums for one reason or another!) AJ isn’t my main source of income (I’m a sound recordist by trade and most of my working time I’m recording sound for TV programmes and documentary films through my partner’s company www.criskcracker.com) so I don’t have much time to dedicate to music making. I love classical music, so much of my music making is to that end.
A while ago I made a list of all the classical tracks out of copyright that I like and want to have a go at making and I’m ticking them off one by one.

I find a lot of my time is spent in sourcing scores and learning to play the music in parts. Also a large portion of time is spent in the process of mixing and note arranging. I’m not a mixing engineer, but I think I’m getting better every time I publish a new piece :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same!

1 Like

What an interesting subject!

Personally I work a lot as a freelancer so it’s basically impossible for me to produce for AJ according to a plan or schedule. I normally work only when the other gigs let me, and lately that’s almost never. I uploaded a single track in the last 3 months so go figure.

This is something I’ve been thinking over A LOT this year. I enjoy so much producing for Audiojungle, following your own personal judgements and composition criteria; deciding everything from the style you want to make, the orchestration, structure, mixing, mastering; not dealing with neverending feedbacks and revisions trails. Sometimes it can get quite exhausting dealing with excessively picky clients.

So to sum up, I’m seriously considering taking a rest from freelance projects, focus more on AJ and join the club of those who work according to a plan. Right now I’m a bit concerned about what will happen after the implementation of Elements and I admit I’m rather pessimist in that regard so I’ll hold my horses. I was wrong with ADP, though, which turned out to be a superb move, so time will tell.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Interesting subject. I’m enjoying reading others’ stories.

I am a freelance videographer & video editor most of the time. That is my primary job. On some of the projects I worked on several years ago, I composed music for them, too. I had a background in audio before I began working as a video freelancer.

I saved some of the music sessions from those video projects and mixed a handful of tracks and uploaded them to a couple websites to see what would happen. I was pleasantly surprised when I sold some of them.

I work on new tracks as often as I can and I am endlessly curious about and fascinated with the entire process of composing, arranging & mixing. I love learning new things.

I don’t have the luxury of being able to spend as much time as I would like on music since video work is what pays most of the bills. The easiest way for me to devote some time to it is to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning when nobody else is awake and I can work in the studio uninterrupted. I spend a few hours on music before I have to start on my other work. I’m pretty disciplined about it, and I never have needed that much sleep anyway.

7 Likes

@PalAudioLoop Nice questions, We all want to work hard and earn more and more, when i feel tired i play with my twins beby girl and feel relax.

3 Likes

I work until my body support. If there is some wrong don’t set on the desk anymore. :frowning:

1 Like

What for concerts I would like to know (for the sake of curiosity)? Do you have your own studio? Or do you give concerts in nightclubs (something like DJ)? Or, for example, are you performing on stage? Do you have any songs with your vocals on youtube that I wanted to listen to? :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I work when I’m not drunk or hungover… so I don’t get much work done these days.

16 Likes

Now, that’s a real artist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best reply so far.

2 Likes