How do you handle buyers who refuse to give access to the WordPress admin dashboard for debugging/support??

Simple question:

How do you handle buyers who refuse to give access to the WordPress admin dashboard, for debugging/support, but are complaining about things not working on the admin side?

Thanks. I appreciate any advice.

Just say, “without admin access I can’t help you” and that is all. Tell them to create some temp admin just for you and after you finish, just to delete that account. I don’t see other solutions for this.

2 Likes

Beside what @CocoBasic said, I’d also recommend telling them to install “Sucuri”. They can see who logs in, and what actions are taken. There are plenty of paranoid users that don’t seem to understand we’re here to make a honest living, so deleting or stealing information would contradict that existence.

• Temporary Administrative Account
  • Sucuri - See who and what does when they are logged in

And if all else fails, well, sorry, I can’t help without access. Cheers!

3 Likes

I didn’t know about Sucuri, seems a good idea, I’ll try that, thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty nifty. I know more authors have had these issues and Sucuri was usually a great life saver. They provide “logs” for the user, so they feel safe, even though there was no threat in the first place. Cheers!

1 Like