how do i get a refund for extension i wasnt able to use?

i bought 2 extensions from code canyon because i guy i hired to build a site told me too but after 18 days of him doing nothing, i really need to get a refund,im sure you can tell i havent used them,I will repurchase sometime later when i get a new plan.

Hey there. You sure can! Do get in touch with Envato Support via this link -> Envato Market Help and Support

As per Envato refund policy, you have 3 months to request a refund, provided that you did not download the item. It does not matter if you did not use it, if you downloaded it then both Envato and the author of the item will assume that you used it.

Now, if you already downloaded it, there are several reasons to request a refund and several not to. The following are not valid reasons:

• You don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it
  • The item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality
  • You simply change your mind
  • You bought an item by mistake
  • You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item

Therefore, judging by your post, you are eligible for a refund only if you did not download the items. Did you download them? This is something that both the author and Envato can check on their side, it’s of no use to lie.

He was referring to a support extension mate! Please don’t confuse buyers. Buyers are entitled to requesting a refund on their extended support if they didn’t use it.

It’s more likely he’s on about extensions/add-ons/plugins… than a support extension. Especially if somebody is concerned about an 18 day delay, they’re unlikely to be just getting around to hiring somebody to make a site after the original support period has expired.

1 Like