How can I use a license for localhost development?

Hello,
I need help with my license.
I purchased a theme yesterday and intended to develop my website at home via localhost (I haven’t public IP for my project yet). But I can not activate this license via internet because envato binds licenses to real hostnames as I can see. What can I do in such a situation?
I doubt that all web-developers start there projects on the registered domains with public IPs. Development stage at home is obviously preceeds buying a real domain name with public IP and final deployment.
Any help is highly appreciated ASAP.

You don’t need to activate the licence on localhost. When you are finish with the work, and put all online on your site, then you can activate the licence.

OK, what about Header Builder, Premium addons, Revolution slider and so on?

When you buy the theme, which comes with Revolution Slider or some other premium plugin, you don’t need to add any licence to make it work - you can develop a whole theme on your localhost (install the theme, import demo content, add/edit/remove pages…).

Also, you can’t activate the Revolution slider if you don’t have a separated regular licence - if you don’t buy it on CodeCanyon. You will use the version which is included with the theme, as it is - if there is an update for the slider, you will need to wait for theme developer to update theme and to include the new version of slider.

1 Like

I can not import any demo content, I can not use neither Header Builder, nor Slider Revolution, nor Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer - they all require theme activation.
Well, I gave up with localhost, and put this project to subdomain of my existing domain. But I still can not activate the theme even for legal domain name and public IP.

In that case, you can contact theme author for support/suggestion.

Yes, it seems to be the only way to solve my problem.
Thank you for your time.

Even if this was implemented - it might work for subdomains but I would imagine that only a % of people would test or develop a theme on a subdomain rather than a local or dedicated testing environment.

If authors then make it all achievable across all the different alternatives or potential environments, then they will end up making the entire license validation redundant

The issue you have is with the configuration and registration on items (probably done to limit exploitation) rather than the license itself, so It would be the author who would need to make the adjustments.

That said I would imagine if there were not considerations for authors around either licensing or potential exploitation then they would have already implemented that practice.