how can I register and update a wordpress plugin downloaded from envato element?

@charlie4282, not being able to auto-update elements plugins/themes is a pain… but, what doubles the pain is the fact that almost none of the plugins/themes show changelogs!

i’ve often seen that a plugin has an update available, gone through the (long) process to download, extract, update/replace… only to find that it’s the same version?! that’s whack!

to compound that pain, how and why is it that an updated plugin will show the new version in codecanyon/themeforest, but again, downloading the version from elements still results in downloading the old version.

IMO, this needs to be corrected. it’s so incredibly time consuming to have to go through this entire process… all because we can’t see a version number and/or changelog on the elements site.

i realized that this was kinda hijacking someone else’s thread, so i moved the topic over to here:
https://forums.envato.com/t/elements-wordpress-category-needs-a-changelog-displayed/207964

1 Like