How can i generete a Global OAuth Personal Token

Hi how can i get a Global OAuth Personal Token ? instead of Single Use OAuth Personal Tokens

Hello @yipman111,

We offer two types of tokens, personal tokens (which can be thought of as global), and OAuth tokens. In order to use the OAuth flow, you create an application which allows users to grant permissions to your app on their behalf, and then you receive an access token (expires after an hour) and a refresh token (never expires). The access token can be used to call the API on the user’s behalf; the refresh token is used to generate a new access token when the previous one expires.

In short, there are no single use nor global tokens in our OAuth flow, only access tokens and refresh tokens. I’ve linked to the docs for the two token systems above.

Let me know if you have further questions!

1 Like

can you please provide me the code which i must input into a valid URL

@yipman111,

Can you tell me what you’d like to do? I’m not quite sure from you questions so far.

The OAuth flow is generally used by authors of applications to allow their users to grant their own permissions to the app – for example, some themes and plugins use this system to verify that you’ve purchased them before you can use them. This is something that the author configures, and the user just needs to accept the permissions on the grant screen when presented with it.

If you’re writing an app to do something, please have a read of the docs I linked to in my previous message. There’s a lot involved in getting a new OAuth app going – you have to configure a publicly-available callback URL, provide a persistence mechanism for the generated access tokens and refresh tokens, etc.

However, if you’re a user of a theme or plugin that you’re trying to activate, then you don’t need to do any of this – usually they either will use OAuth to have you delegate permissions to them (as described above), or they’ll just use a personal token.

If you describe what you’d like to do I can help you further!

1 Like

i totally agree with you, im just a user of a theme, but they asked us to use OAuth in case if we cant install their demos, here is the link of the theme im talking about:
https://bringthepixel.ticksy.com/article/11788/

here is what is mentioned on the link:

15.After successful activation I still can’t install the demos.

Please try using Global OAuth Personal Token instead of Single Use OAuth Personal Tokens in Envato Settings.

Hi @yipman111,

I’ve just had a look at the Bimber theme, and I understand the issue now. That documentation is referring to the Envato Market Plugin configuration. When you go to register Bimber you’ll be prompted to install the Envato Market plugin. Once installed, you’re prompted to add your token in the Settings page, which can be found at /wp-admin/admin.php?page=envato-market when logged into your WordPress instance.

When it talks about “Global OAuth Personal Token” and “Single Use OAuth Personal Token”, it’s talking about how the plugin uses the token – if you add it to the field on the left-hand side of the screen (“Global”), it works as I’ve described above. This is what you should do in most cases. If you use the field on the right side of the screen, it’s a more advanced usage, mostly for agencies and those who purchase themes on behalf of others.

All you should need to do is install the Envato Market plugin, generate a personal token, and add it in the field on the left-hand side of the Envato Market plugin settings screen.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help