How can I change my version of Wordpress from .3.4.2 to 3.3

I recently bought a wordpress theme to develop a website for my kids to post their short stories and other items for the school friends. I also purchased a domain and hosting from godaddy. I installed Wordpress, but unfortunately it installed the latest version 3.4.2. The theme I purchased is only compatible with wordpress 3.3. When I went to wordpress to download version 3.3 I keep getting directed to v3.4.2.

I am not sure how I can change the current version to 3.3 and make it compatible to my theme.

I should be grateful if someone can please guide me on how I can do this.

Many thanks

If you go to the release archive, you can download an older version:

http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

:slight_smile:

Are you sure that the theme is not compatible with 3.4.2? Maybe author just forgot to update supported version?

dekciw said

Are you sure that the theme is not compatible with 3.4.2? Maybe author just forgot to update supported version?

I also support this… It would be really strange that a theme made for 3.3 to not work in 3.4… If it doesn’t work, it means that it has some really deprecated functions…

Have you tried installing it? Like others said, I would be very surprised if it doesn’t work.

Many thanks to all of you for your replies.

I have tried installing it several times and it has failed each time.

In what way is it failing? Missing stylesheet?

This is the error message I receive.

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Oh my - http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

Hi Kriskorn

Many thanks for the link. I have loaded the theme. How do I then upload the PSD and documentation zip?

graham999 said

Hi Kriskorn

Many thanks for the link. I have loaded the theme. How do I then upload the PSD and documentation zip?

LOL. First read documentation, there should be something about this.

Documentation is made to be read, not to be uploaded… :slight_smile:

And so, from a lame thread it turned into an epic one :smiley:

Smartik said
graham999 said

Hi Kriskorn

LOL. First read documentation, there should be something about this.

And the PSD files are PhotoShop Documents, you don’t need/want them on your server. :slight_smile:

This thread made my day. :bigsmile:

Reminds me of the guy who went doctors with bleeding ears and burnt feet.

He read instructions on a spaghetti packet !

Pierce here and stand in boiling water for ten minutes

…at least spaghetti dude read the instructions. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess I had that coming.

Thanks everyone for your help. Perhaps I can help you with wordpress issues in future…lol