How can I change biographical info field and other fields for an admin user profile in Wordpress with a ThemeForest Theme?

I cannot make changes to my admin user profile (biographical info or any of the fields). Every time I make the changes and press “save”, the changes disappear. The gravatar image link works fine.

I asked another help service (host/server) agency for help and this was their response:

“We checked and found that the issue seems to be with the theme layout so we suggest you contact the theme provider and ask them to provide you guidelines on how to add “About the author” at the end of the page.”

I also asked a virual assistant company (they help me with design and development issues and this is what they said:

“It looks like some of the plugin causes this and I’m afraid if we have to deactivate some of it - a major error might occur on your site. So to be safe, I want to go and check you site’s back-end. If you can give me your FTP login credential for the site I can check the files in back end.” I am not ready to give them FTP access just yet.

Anyway, I decided to come here to see if anyone has had this issue and what they did about it.

My current theme is:
Voice Child Version: 0.1.0
By Meks
Child theme for the Voice Theme
This is a child theme of Voice.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Jill (futurefocus)

Hi @futurefocus,

Welcome to the forums! While it may seem unusual, having access to your WordPress dashboard/FTP credentials is crucial for support. This is pretty much the only way to find out what’s wrong with the website and fix possible problems.

If you don’t want to provide the above to your virtual assistant, you may contact theme author for support:

If you really, really don’t want to reveal any passwords yet, I’d start by deactivating all plugins and checking when the problem occurs by activating one plugin at a time. This however may cause temporary issues, as stated by your virtual assistant.

Please also make sure to read theme documentation, as changing user profile process info can already be described there.

Thanks,
Luca

Thank you so much for your reply.
Jill