How about minimum price of a musical item? Do you support?

There’s got to be some sort of minimum price for a musical item,
There are some ridiculous low prices with some of the tracks and I think an Envato intervention is required
What do you think?

7 Likes

Sadly we can´t discuss prices on the forums. But without saying numbers, I agree that the minimum limit could be reviewed. :man_shrugging:

Envato claims a minimum price is “illegal” - despite the fact that other platforms do set minimum prices and have for years.

But they’re clearly not interested in implementing a minimum prices in any case, when the theoretical price of a download on Elements can drop to a tiny fraction of a cent.

3 Likes

Minimum price is only a term which can be “walkarounded” by a more complex system. Just as it is now with minimum price which is actually 5$ per track including 4$ buyer fee. So yep, it is possible to rise minimum price but it’s complicated and there is no determination from the company at this moment to make complex changes in this matter.

1 Like

Other shops are doing this as well. Setting a minimum price on the products. Envato please check.

2 Likes

Got the same email as well!
CM apparently is very authors oriented, unlike Envato that’s doing his best to give away our items almost for free!
They definitely understand the meaning of value, and they are educating their customer in spending more if they want quality and exclusiveness, which is universal, except here.
Envato instead is 100% customer oriented, they only want customers to spend less and less, promoting “hot under 5”, 30$ for unlimited download, free trials …oh come on!

…and on the other side they are raising prices??
What a weird world we are living in…

It’s not Envato policy to raise prices, also because they have built a relationship with customers based only on low prices.
How many times have you heard “Why should I spend XXXX on your items while I can spend XX on Envato Elements and have access to millions of assets?”

2 Likes

CreativeMarket is part of Dribbble and as I understand, Dribblbe’s owner is Tiny Capital.
CreativeMarket is a fully remote company with no headquarter, Dribbble is located in the US, for Tiny Captal I don’t know.
Now is the question: which laws are valid? From which country?

Envato is located in Australia, so I guess, the australian laws are valid for them at the most.
And the australian laws prohibit minimum prices, that’s not a lie.

2 Likes

Good proposal, but I believe this topic already raised million times here and Envato already aware of that. And as long as no changes have been implemented it means they have other vision on that.

1 Like