Home template is not overriding on the new updated version through child theme.

Home template is not overriding at all. I created a child theme and created a template name new-page. Also activated the child theme and chose the template new-page but it was redirecting to its default home template everytime. My template would show for certain time like 6 sec approx and then it would redirect to parents home template. Why is this happening?? Could you help me on this?? Updated version: 3.7.1
Due to this issue, I am forced to use the old version 2. It is letting me to override the home template but still the parent functions are not fetching on the child theme nicely as I would like to. Could you please help me on this as well??

Hi,

I think you should contact with your item author hope they will help you best cause they are expert on their theme.

If they ask about purchase key then collect from Here

Still have any question open a Envato help ticket from Here

Thanks

if you want a new page will act as a home page then yu have to assign that page as a home page:
Settings => Reading
Your homepage displays: [A static page (select below)] => Homepage:

Also you can check your theme Option if you find anything related to the Homepage settings. Also you can check the theme documentation hopefully you will get necessary support.

I did what you said as well. But still it was redirecting me to the default home page.

then in your theme option should have a settings to do this job. please check theme option and docuemntation. If you have still problem with the theme then The best way to get the support is Contact your purchased Theme Author.