Higher prices are working for me so far Composer friends

I don’t know, just saying what I see on other markets, and not the cheap ones… The market I mentioned before is the biggest competitor of AudioJungle. If we increase our prices to similar level, this is one of the ways to stay competitive.
From a customers point of view, why should I spend 49$ here, and have to browse through so much low quality music on a very chaotic search engine to be able to use music just once, when I can spend the same money on a highly curated market and find a great track easily + I can use it in many videos?
What do we offer for the same price?

1 Like

Remind me who he is.

I can’t tell you that :smiley:
Google “royalty free music”, and you’ll find out

1 Like

Curious! Write in abbreviated form, in capital letters :slight_smile: PBR?

C’mon! just google it, the ads are all over the place, you’ll recognize it by prices :smiley:

In general it does not matter! The main thing is that we offer a different price for another market.

I’m talking about the situation where we decide to increase the prices to the same level, hypothetically. When I set my prices, I also analyze what’s happening outside Envato.

Envato is much better marketplace for authors because:
1.We can register music with AdRev
2.We have control and the rights on our music, and we can earn unlimited ammount of money (on this market you get one-time payment, and fully sell your rights, only they earn money from that point)
3.We can join PRO-s. (You can also do it there, but you’ll get less money)

But, customers don’t care about this stuff. As an author, I prefer to stay with Envato :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just raised my prices too, let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that’s right!

Also true. I think everyone does this every day before going to bed. :slight_smile: Analyzed all other audio stocks and their prices and went to bed! :joy::joy::joy: In fact, you can not foresee this! even if you looked at the prices (you must know for yourself the price of your work, regardless of other markets).

I get 2-3 emails per week from confused customers and some of them decide not to buy here because of this

Somehow, some way wave toys I have to think this statement is a monster sized exaggeration. I have been around here a few years and customers only e-mail every now and again.

Let’s stay on topic though…for those of you have raised prices this week…Are you experiencing an increase in revenue?
Do not discount how much of an impact “broadcast” price increases can have on revenue. I sold 2 at $99 this week and that really makes a difference. Remember how we used to get $11 or $12 from those $19 sales.
Well selling 2 (1 million audience size) broadcast licenses at $99 is like selling 6 standard licenses at that old $19 price.

Do not discount how much of an impact these incremental price increases can have on your overall revenue.

I would also advise being constant with your prices so that you look like you are not playing silly games with customers. I have seen so much paranoid and erratic behavior these past few days that really it makes one wonder what people are thinking.

Be consistent with your prices. If you are bumping to 29, 39, 49, 59…stay consistent across the board.
Remind yourself that your are communicating with buyers when you set your price. If you keep erratically changing your prices every half day, you will annoy customers. My advice would be to set your standard price and keep that price constant, for every track in your catalog regardless of length. I am very confused when I look at some portfolios and see; 5, 16, 33, 49, 19…etc…

State your price and that is that. Keep in mind that the greatest companies in the world do not fidget with prices constantly. Take your cue from the greatest company and first trillion dollar company in the world: APPLE.

They set prices and stick with it; 499, 599, 699, 799, 899, 999, 1499, 1999, 2999

Notice the theme with the "nines’

Why price at $33? or 35? or 25? It’s ridiculous…just go to 39 and grab some more money from the customer.

1 Like

I already told you, I really see that you are actively promoting your idea of increasing prices. I repeat, this does not work for everyone. Let everyone choose their price for the track and only the author (the creator of the track) will be right!

4 Likes

“This does not work for everyone.”

How do you know? I speak facts of my experience, not made up fantasies. I’m at $49 (from 39) on other markets and my revenue went up.

I just went from $19 to $49 and again (fact) my August revenue already exceeded my July revenue and there are 3 (5-day business) weeks left in this month.

I am literally just stating facts clean magic audio. I challenge any AJ author to come into this forum and state that they are earning more revenue because of lower prices. Has anyone earned more revenue from a price reduction? and finally…is anyone earning more revenue from a “no change” strategy? I have to think everyone is in business to increase their revenue. The only logical way that can happen (for non-popular item and non featured list authors) is by raising the price.

1 Like

I get 2-3 emails a year :neutral_face:

1 Like

You and me both, @SteelSound.

While the forums are a place where we can all share our thoughts freely, there comes a point where “opinions” become (or at the very least, come across as) forceful expressions borne from what has to be self doubt. I acknowledge that you’re trying to help increase everyone’s revenue (I’m hoping), and that’s great, but you must understand that there are many strategies. Your constant essay-like responses in the forum lately imply a sense of insecurity about having a portfolio with unique prices.

I’m stepping in here as I am also an author currently experimenting with different pricing, and I’m still unsure of what strategy works best for me. It’s far too early to be making concrete judgements about what types of pricing model work and don’t. I’d argue that we need to see a solid few months worth of pricing experiments before we can begin to get a grasp of this.

I think @CleanMagicAudio has hit the nail on the head here. Let authors make their own decisions about their prices. We all have a different way of approaching ADP, and we’re all learning to adapt to this new change. I re-iterate once again, the most important thing to remember with ADP is that you the author have control over your own prices. SteelSound, you’ve more than made your point here.

It’s so much more than revenue here, SteelSound. As I said, there are many ways to tackle the market.

For the record, I happen to agree. Higher prices, on the whole, do result in more revenue in most cases. I just object to preachy, dogmatic behaviour when it’s a decision each author must make for themself.

5 Likes

exactly my point 8 ball…

I’ve raised my standard prices to $29 ($39 in selected cases) and can report that my revenue is remaining steady, compared to the rest of 2018 (not including July, which was around 75% of average.)

So - bottom line - the jury’s still out.

2 Likes

I get a lot of emails every week, because people contact me via website and social media, so I know my customers very well. Before that, I didn’t get emails at all via Envato contact. Most questions are about licenses, and if music can be used multiple times.

I just wanted to say that you are very much promoting this idea(obtrusively 5 consecutive days). I have nothing against it (I’m for it) But all the same let’s not press the authors! I apologize if I spoke out sharply! I’m happy for you and for your $ 49 sales! Good luck to you! :wink:

Not quite Aurus. No self doubt or insecurity. I could survive just fine if my AJ revenue stream were to vanish entirely. Yes, it is my goal for all composers to succeed, increase their revenue, and have the ability to write and license music long term. All musicians, Artists, Composers, have been underpaid for too long in my opinion.

You can also chose to not read my “essay like” responses. No one is forcing you to read what I write.

If people don’t appreciate what I write, don’t read it and don’t engage in the discussion.

2 Likes