Hey Envato Team why you hide reviewers?

That would be a late-on soft reject, on the border of getting approved or denied… or possibly a soft/hard disable. It’s extremely rare you’ll have a real girl in front of you, waiting for a decision… if you’ve just met them.

I.e. the dating process would be the whole soft reject thing… multiple interactions and testing before a decision is made. In that case, the reviewers are going to write more than ‘a few words’. But if it’s a hard reject to start with, i.e. you sidle up to the bar next to a girl, she smiles at you, you smile back, but you have no attraction to her whatsoever… it’s never going to get to the point where she’s waiting for a decision. You swipe left simply by smiling, getting your drink and walking off.

I mean, if you’re walking down the street, do you stop every lady and tell them why you’re not attracted to them? I don’t. Not only because it would be weird and would probably come off as insulting and condescending, but from an efficiency point of view… it’s a bit of a waste of time to waste time on something or someone you’re not interested in. Sure, a lack of interest in someone can lead to interest, and even love as you get to know them… but asking everybody you meet out on a date, just in case it develops into love in the future, might not be the best approach.

That’s sounds cold and please don’t confuse that as me thinking that members of the opposite sex have no value other than in a romantic capacity. I have many female friends who add considerable value to my life in a whole host of aspects, the majority of which have nothing to do with romance or intimacy. My analogy applies only to ‘the dating game’ not to females or people in general. Investing time in somebody is rarely a waste, but there are times and places for that… as a business Envato don’t really have time to train and mentor people.

I can see why people think this might be a solid investment… if an item is borderline. But what about all the junk they must get on a daily basis that will probably never be approved? Surely you can agree that’s just a waste of time?

Maybe another example would be better… if you’re turning somebody down for a job, you’re going to send out a standard rejection letter. You’re not going to invite them in for a week long seminar on why they didn’t get the job.

Do you aware that soft reject means approved ? There is no decision after that point. And nobody say anything about dating ? You are not very brilliant in made up things in analogy are you ? If i sit in middle of a street with women queued in front of me waiting for their turns, i couldnt just say no or yes. Maybe just yes depending on first impression okay i admit but certainly not no. Anyway you just keep swiping.

That’s a common misconception. The “you’re nearly there” wording on the notification probably doesn’t help. Only ‘approved’ means approved… anything else does not necessarily mean that it will be.

Does that happen often? I was assuming we’d keep our analogies based in at least a little bit of reality!

Your exeggerations gets more and more irritating. You can simply say that you have anger problem or your tie wasnt even a tie so we reject you. Is it too hard to understand ? Should i try in hieroglyph ?

You know what they say your dreams my realities, you never know. No need to be jealous. Whatever…

You just keep yourself saying that. Do you know how many soft rejected projects turn out to hard rejected for me ? Let me say. Zero. And do you want to know how many soft rejected projects turn out to approved for me ? Let me say. All of them. So yes it means approved for me and i believe it goes same for almost all authors here.

Well that’s what I’m saying… they’re unlikely to invest time in the whole soft reject process if it’s just going to end in a hard reject. What’s the point? So the ideal outcome is that any soft rejected item, eventually becomes an approved item. The system seems to be working in your case, but it still stands… a soft reject doesn’t guarantee approval.

LOL great analogy :joy:

1 Like

yeey fellowship of the tinderers

I think they didn’t hide them, they show new one & popular products.

“One swipe to rule them all, one swipe to find them, one swipe to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

It’s the solemn oath of the fellowship of the tinderers.

1 Like

Yea just drop our projects into the Mount Doom with eagles. At least have some adventure man.

:+1: