Help with rejection: Gym Trainer Packages Flyer

Guys,

This was a submission I made at the start of this year, and it got rejected then. But now I’m curious as to why this one was rejected (I’m sure there is a good reason), and I felt getting an opinion from the forums would help me with things to keep in mind when I make my next item. I’m planning to create something similar soon.

The flyer is titled: Gym Trainer Packages Flyer

I got the idea to do this after I had made designs with the same concept for a client last year.

Please help me out.

@n2n44 Please help.

hi this is normal that it were in my view , u have too many issues to deal with for the thing to go through …first of all buddy , i think that u have a problem with the global style as the theme is transpiring from anything but the logo , which is not supposed to be kept in the end , anyways … (if u know what i mean), even the model being not really representive of gym trainers and not even being showed "in action ". This is a really major issue if u ask me as this would imply a great deal of changes to the design to say the least , not only in terms of style, positioning and even color combinations. Besides, as we are talking about colors, i know that u may break some code but honestly i think that the choice u’ve made is a bit too far fetched and that u have to stick a bit more to usual codes for this activity so that the identify of the owner and the purpose of the flyer are definitely clearer all of a sudden … still about the model also, apart from not being revealing too much, i think that he brins a bit of a trouble to u that u did not solve this far as the shadowing on the guy is nowhere be seen behind him , which makes the composition naturally look a bit more artificial in the end … for me a greta deal of the background would need to be given more additional value by introducing more graphic design one way or another … at this stage , all combined together , with the very light work in the back the flyer may look a bit too simple so that people feel like buying and saving time rather than ding by themselves so to speak … there is also a matter of harmony and coherence as packs are being displayed in rounded bullets, when everything is sort of very squared otherwise, which is a bit breaking the harmony that u have managed to generate otherwise all the same … what is a big issue about the concerned bullet is that the texts, especially the name of each packages is not popping out that much in the end … when this should be part of the things springing out the most> BTW, sam goes with the name of the guy and i recommend that u also and a way to make this central title pop out way much more so that it ultimately gets much more outstanding in the process indeed. What u have to figure is that of all information name and activity must be the ones most easily noticed , those that u can catch in a glimpse. This imply improving the contrast between background and texts, through decorations, layers styles, shadowing or whatever other way u may find, as long as there is harmony and that the goal is being reached indeed. Sign up , if u really want t keep it must be highlighted too … like a button on the web or something like this , which will draw the attention and sort of push to action. I do not feel attractive the disposition that u have for social medias … u ay opt to reduce the number of them and / try to put then in one line only, that would better if u ask me and as text and icons are small and not contrasting enough , this would help to have more outstanding elements. Besides, fining icons a bit more unique and worked out, would not hurt , either … i would like to underline that u also have a discrepancy with a upper part where is there is more breathing and that looks sort of more comfortable reading and a lower one that looks way more denser and compact being “choking” a bit in the end
the footer would be more ok if put slightly up too so that u can free some white space between the bottom margin and the footer elements

@n2n44 Thank you very much for the elaborate review.

You know, I always get a bit pissed when reading your reviews of my rejected items, but I push through my feelings and I inspect what you said about the item and it really makes sense. You really are wise about design…

I’ll refer to some of the statements that stood out to me (I’m taking the others very seriously as well)…

You said…

i think that u have a problem with the global style as the theme is transpiring from anything but the logo , which is not supposed to be kept in the end

I really did set up the logo at the very end, and it doesn’t match, I see that.

even the model being not really representive of gym trainers and not even being showed "in action "

I realize this is important now. I even recall the client I did the similar works for (who is a gym owner), who said he liked the trainers’ images in action poses. I used simple poses like this one on my first drafts then as well…

at this stage , all combined together , with the very light work in the back the flyer may look a bit too simple so that people feel like buying and saving time rather than ding by themselves so to speak

I was trying out a style of design where I would set up a simple layout and then later give attention to little details and see how it turned out… I realize now that making the theme style too basic could also be an issue.

i would like to underline that u also have a discrepancy with a upper part where is there is more breathing and that looks sort of more comfortable reading and a lower one that looks way more denser and compact being “choking” a bit in the end

I imagine you as being able to see the working process of the designer from assessing the faulty creatives (like this one) like Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes does in the movies! :joy: I worked on the top part of the design first, and then tried to fit in the rest of the relevant content at the bottom!

Thanks a lot again for your very elaborate review! :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try not to make the same mistakes again in my next entry. :crossed_fingers: :slightly_smiling_face:

first of all, how? lol then , if u ask me this is a pretty bad idea, i used to explain this, and i am pretty sure about it, the more designers will help to make minimalistic a trend with the “uniformed tastes” going pari past with - and thus the more originality will sleep away - the more designers can worry soon or later about their future ad ou work still existing , since, if we end up with this, minimalistic being the way, how are we designers better than the stupid automated things that people would like to replace us with? this is a very bad idea to get into it, unless u do not like what u are doing for a living and do not mind changing career some time down the road, may be sooner than expected …
as for sherlock holmes, i do not have anything in common with him, especially physically speaking lol and fortunately , this is not crimes that i have to solve lol but just design issues, which is way more joyful lol
as for paying attention for new entries … well, as i use to mention and rightfully so as i could witness about it times and times again,most of the guys who say this come bac with another rejected item and the very same mistakes leading to the concerned rejections, but this is up to people to choose what to do with what they are told to help them

1 Like