Help us update our community rules!

In generally I feel comfortable with the forum at all.

But if you are asking for some constructive critisizing:

I’d want to see the “self-promotion” rule more organized and controlled.

As now it seems abandoned and disordered.

Some users being disciplinized like robots read that the self-promotion is exactly FORBIDDEN at forums and they get it as a law to follow, because the order is everything.

Then they see how other authors (who get the forums as an open democratic platform of/for very kind and warm community) are flooding it with the promolinks everywhere because the self-promotion is everything.
Or maybe they didn’t even read what is written there.

Could the first ones (seeing this) feel the lack of promo attention once enough to break out their settings and start to do the same?

Surely to have a possibility for authors to share the links to their items is a much useful thing in many cases.

From other side, it’s warming up many weird issues like views/comments hunting - for example which @TitanSlayer mentioned: Why the trendsetting algorithm should be updated.

You can strictly keep a place to links inside a few cpecific threads like how it was not so far ago. Or make a separated closed section for it. You can strictly forbid it at all. At last you can allow it at all.

So the main thing I’m talking about: better to solve it by some way, or to keep under control, or to delete fully this rule - better than to let spit on the rules which are still staying set, as it brings a lot of disorder.

To repeat, in generally forum is great, I enjoy it very much.

Thanks!

1 Like