Help us update our community rules!

It’s true Matthewcoxy, I agree with you guys. Awaiting for more updates.

i am new here, and just try one item (t-shirt template), i think the rule is good :blush:

i think the rule is good

Please remember we’re talking forum and community rules, not the item review process :smiley:

Thanks!

7 Likes

As a whole I think the forum is great. It would be great to be able to filter out certain topics (item feedback and celebrations) but that’s more of a forum structure issue rather than a community rules issue.

The things I’ve seen are pretty minor, but in the interest of providing feedback:

• Sometimes people will go off topic on threads when they should really just create their own threads (aka review/feedback posts in this thread :smile: ).
  • Certain members seem to post a lot of low-effort comments that don’t contribute to the discussion. I don’t know if there’s some sort of forum level or badge given out to people who comment a lot, but it almost seems like some people just try and pad their post quantity. I think this is generally counterproductive.
  • Every once and a while there’s a post that’s critical of Envato, or other authors, without providing constructive dialogue. A good community rule would be “provide suggestions for improvement rather than criticism.”
  • It would be cool if people could limit feedback requests to maybe once a month or something.

But really, forums are good and Envato/Moderators do a good job. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the forum rules are sufficient how they are right now.
In general: one must be careful not to make the rules to restrictive. Then it becomes like some sort of penal system.
Maybe it’s already in the rules, but the main course must be: not to offend people, or feel offended to fast.
The option to report people that offend/infringe (which I’ve read sometimes) is maybe a necessary thing, but as a concept I have problems with this in an ethical way. My concept is more “live and let live” and help where you can. Maybe this is what the forums should (continue to) breath. This sounds (to me) somewhat soft, but I don’t know how to put it in other words (in English).

I tried to create a theme which will focus on the tracks which were rejected , because too many new topics and they clog up our forum , but I was told people will continue to create new , why not create a theme which will be seen the tracks which were rejected . For example, if the topic What is the Audiojungle review queue length now? was not one , and everyone created a new topic as soldiers track sales or monitor , if anyone has put in a new topic as he goes sale , I think we all would have gone crazy . I propose to create a theme which will be considered rejected tracks ! And Similar Topics :grinning:

1 Like

and where there are people who boast of their achievements and they will congratulate you !)))

Before you start fixing something you needs to know what’s broken…

In order to update the community rules we need to know what’s rule has been violated and work from there I guess…

2 Likes

I’m happy with everything)

1 Like

Sorry to be a stickler, but just to keep everything tidy and on track, I’m going to go through and delete any posts that don’t relate to updating the community rules. If anybody has an issue they’d like to raise which doesn’t relate to the community rules, then please feel free to start a new thread (or add to an existing thread on the subject), so it can be discussed there.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Where are the old rules?

https://forums.envato.com/tos

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Account login troubles

Forbid to mention Trump.

I think this forum is fine what it is right now.

But I have one point to have-

• Delate option of a thread.

Thanks,
Arnab Kumar

In generally I feel comfortable with the forum at all.

But if you are asking for some constructive critisizing:

I’d want to see the “self-promotion” rule more organized and controlled.

As now it seems abandoned and disordered.

Some users being disciplinized like robots read that the self-promotion is exactly FORBIDDEN at forums and they get it as a law to follow, because the order is everything.

Then they see how other authors (who get the forums as an open democratic platform of/for very kind and warm community) are flooding it with the promolinks everywhere because the self-promotion is everything.
Or maybe they didn’t even read what is written there.

Could the first ones (seeing this) feel the lack of promo attention once enough to break out their settings and start to do the same?

Surely to have a possibility for authors to share the links to their items is a much useful thing in many cases.

From other side, it’s warming up many weird issues like views/comments hunting - for example which @TitanSlayer mentioned: Why the trendsetting algorithm should be updated.

You can strictly keep a place to links inside a few cpecific threads like how it was not so far ago. Or make a separated closed section for it. You can strictly forbid it at all. At last you can allow it at all.

So the main thing I’m talking about: better to solve it by some way, or to keep under control, or to delete fully this rule - better than to let spit on the rules which are still staying set, as it brings a lot of disorder.

To repeat, in generally forum is great, I enjoy it very much.

Thanks!

1 Like

We’ve just updated our forum self-promotion rules yesterday :smiley:

Also, remember that the community has a big role to play in what they consider sel-promotion abuse. If you come across a post that doesn’t really add value other than to self promote, please flag it for review.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, I see it updated, good job! :thumbsup: Thank you. Adding the Note on Self-promotion with clarifying those points makes that borderline much more clear.

And thanks for the thread, we are grateful to be heard!

3 Likes