HELP PLEASE :) What are Admin Templates used for?

What are Admin Templates used for? :slight_smile:
I see them all over the place , But can somebody give me a great long explanation,
Thanks so much !! :smiley:

If you have a custom backend system that you have programmed (eg: membership system). You can use an admin template to make it look nicer.

dtbaker said

If you have a custom backend system that you have programmed (eg: membership system). You can use an admin template to make it look nicer.

Thanks for even asking this question JamesMoran - I would like to know if I can also use these templates for say - Open Atrium? Hoping to use the application for an office intranet and it would be so much easier to get one of the lovely themes here. Thanks for your response in advance moderator.

JamesMoran said

What are Admin Templates used for? :slight_smile:
I see them all over the place , But can somebody give me a great long explanation,
Thanks so much !! :smiley:

Letā€™s say you were a a web application developer or using a relatively simple open source cms package that had an administration system that you use to create content for the website. You could adapt an Admin Template to re-style the whole administration systemā€¦ to make it more user-friendly. This would not be something for a novice or beginner but more for someone with good PHP & HTML skillsā€¦ as it would require modifying several PHP functions (if the application was written in PHP).

If you were using a full-blown CMS package, like Drupal for example, you probably wouldnā€™t want to restyle its admin system since it is fairly complete to re-skin and is already fairly user-friendly as it is. Same goes for WordPress, the admin system is already user-friendly.

Thanks for clarifying everyone. I too had/have questions about how to ultimately use Admin Templates. I think Iā€™m clear on the intended use for back-end template on a blog or web app letā€™s say. But Iā€™m wondering if these templates can be used for the front-end user? I want to create a web app where our customers will login and ā€œdo stuffā€ and Iā€™d like to utilize one of these admin templates as their front end UX. Is this possible or is it not what these templates were intended for?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Enyko said

Thanks for clarifying everyone. I too had/have questions about how to ultimately use Admin Templates. I think Iā€™m clear on the intended use for back-end template on a blog or web app letā€™s say. But Iā€™m wondering if these templates can be used for the front-end user? I want to create a web app where our customers will login and ā€œdo stuffā€ and Iā€™d like to utilize one of these admin templates as their front end UX. Is this possible or is it not what these templates were intended for?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Why not? Itā€™s actually the HTML / CSS + Javascript and other part of codes. In order to save the time for building app / SAAS I saw that companies buy ready to go ā€œadmin templateā€ then use it for own purpose whether itā€™s back / front end interface.

Tony