Help on a (video) song - "carefree shamisen" - will be accepted on AJ?

Hi!
I recently was in Japan and added a shamisen to my instrument collection.
As i did with several other ethnic/folk/traditional instruments, i tried to make a very simple song and record a video of me playing the instrument.
At the end, i thought that it can maybe uploaded to audiojungle.
Although playing/composing it for AJ was not the main purpose, at the end i felt it could be considered because it resemble a lot of similar songs with ukulele and mallets.

what do you think?

i know it’s maybe not 100% perfect, but i feel it has some vibe and mood, and it can be perfetly suited for children projects, animation, presentation, holiday and lifestyle videos for example…
any idea?
thanks! :slight_smile:

EDIT:

i reworked almost everything and uploaded the track on my soundcloud accout:

https://soundcloud.com/audiojunglealchemystudio/carefree-and-happy-shamisen

i need some kind comments about its usability… is the mix ok?
i think the overall sound and idea is cool. maybe not too original but at least the sound has something “different” from all the standard ukulele tracks! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey! The idea is OK, but you need better mixing, and it sounds a bit of tone.

Pleasant home setup you got! The track is nice, maybe you can have ukulele and bells instead and speed it up. Those special instruments are to exotic i think.

Thanks
Maybe I’ll change the toy piano sound with a sample… It has a couple of notes that don’t resonate well and are a bit damped. Or maybe I’ll just replace that note with sampled transposed one… I like the idea!
I already did several songs with unusual instruments. Everyone has ukulele and mallets - sampled or not… So I looked for something different and more unique!
I’ll look again at the mix in some days… Today was spent in recording and composing and my ears are tired! :smiley:

Hi,
The shamisen sometimes sounds out of tune, and there are some vague drum fills. The mixing is also going to need some work to have better tones and balance.
The idea and composition is cool for kids music, just work it out properly.
Cheers!

The Shamisen is a fretless instrument do is very difficult to play it properly!! I’ll try with some autotuning stuff! Sonar melody seems good for this kind of tricks… :slight_smile:

Hi again!
i reworked almost everything and uploaded the track on my soundcloud accout:

https://soundcloud.com/audiojunglealchemystudio/carefree-and-happy-shamisen

i need some kind comments about its usability… is the mix ok?
i think the overall sound and idea is cool. maybe not too original but at least the sound has something “different” from all the standard ukulele tracks! :smiley:

thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

Made it and already accepted!

1 Like

Sounds a lot better now! Nice track!