Help! My item was rejected

Hello! I am new to the Envato community. I recently tried to upload my first work on Envato Market, but was rejected. Unfortunately, it is not at the required level of quality. I want to ask your opinion about what I did and if you can help me with some advice. I would appreciate it very much. I am also new to the world of design and working with vectors.

Here’s what I tried to load:
37 spice icons and condiments for use on web pages, brochures, etc. The package includes: 1 AI file, 1 EPS file, 1 PDF file, 1 JPG file, 37 SVG files and 222 transparent PNG files (48 × 48, 64 × 64, 128 × 128, 256 × 256, 512 × 512, 1024 × 1024).
AI / EPS / SVG files are fully editable. Each layer is organized and named according to the spice / condiments.

Thank you for the consideration and your time. Excuse my English, I’m from Argentina. Regards!

These are some of the icons included in the package

I think those aren’t icons. By definition icons need to have a polished and somewhat simplistic look, so that they look really good at a small size. These look messy to me, I’m afraid they just don’t look very good.

Thanks for your answer. Actually, this project started as a thing and then I thought it might work as icons, but I was wrong. It is true what you say that an icon should be simplistic and look polished. I clearly did not consider any of those things. I will follow your advice for my future designs. Again, thank you very much. Regards!

1 Like