Help me to understand. Why was my first application rejected?

What have I done wrong? A letter from Envato said, “Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of” Cat Bomb opening "and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re -submit this item again. "

[https://vimeo.com/430934550](link to the video on Vimeo)

Well,

The colors and illustrations are very good.

But I feel the cat’s animations are not good. And, the explosion part is very simple. You could’ve include more animation at explosion moment with some cartoon smoke and camera shake, etc… Just see some 2D cartoons where they have lot of effects and movements when an explosion happen.

The logo reveal is also just appear below the blood layer. No any animation to the logo revealing part.

I think that is why they rejected it.

I loved the scene but animation should be better. And I firstly didn’t understand what happened they realized it is “explosion”. So I think if you do animation better it will be accepted.

thank. I began to think that cruelty was to blame))

Hi. Maybe the concept of a cat exploding to the camera is not a good idea for a template. The project lacks animation and in my opinion, it has no usability, I can’t think about customers searching for a cat exploding as main idea for a logo reveal.

1 Like