Help for rejected item.

I been rejected for “Hospital Managemanet System based on Laravel 5.5”. Description: “unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again”.

I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong. What I need to improve, to be quality standard. This is my first Application, also I’m totally new to Envato.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank’s.

I guess they are confused and think CodeCanyon should be DesignCanyon.

Was there a mention to this article also in the message body?

What does “commercial utility” mean in the above article?

“Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.”

As mentioned in rejection EMail. Who are the “fellow authors” that have the time to provide feedback and “glad to lend a hand”?

This is not utility, this is a large enterprise application. I am the author of this application and time to provide feedback is 24h, as I check field in the registration form. This application is develope for six mounths. Please check this URL https://medical.san-solutions.com/login and login to see functionality of this application.

Let me know about your oppinon.

And in the rejected e-mail there is nothing about “fellow authors” and “glad to lend a hand”. Sent Email said:

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Hospital Managemanet System based on Laravel 5.5” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected.

Remember you can get help, in the form of tutorials or skilled professionals, on Envato Tuts+ and Envato Studio.

We hope to see a new submission from you soon!

All the best!

Envato Quality team

Still have questions? Contact our Help Center.

It might be just some little glitch/error with the functionality, or most likely, its really not up to quality standard. Attach a link to the demo, probably i can help.

Do not get discouraged, most of us do get rejections from the onset, but i would rather advice you to take extra time in preparing your main files and documentation before submit.

Hi @neoscrypts , first of all , thank you for replay. Here is a link for a demo application https://medical.san-solutions.com/login . Please login as you wish to see functionality.

Is there any example how to write a good documentation for an item?

Ones again, thank you for checking this demo.

Please, tell me your opinion after review.

@neoscrypts did you check demo application?

Hello @SANSolution
I will try to give some feedback as a codecanyon author myself too.
(so please note this is not something official, it is only my personal opinion)

The script looks nice and very useful, but immediately after you log in as patient, you see this error in the browser console:

Maybe there are more errors like this, maybe not - I did not test too much - but you should always check for javascript errors, network errors or PHP errors in the logs, before uploading to codecanyon.

I also tried to log in as a doctor and fill a receipt. When I clicked Save, the new line characters were all gone and everything appeared on a single line (the treatment textbox).

Also something that might help you is to fill the fields with some more realistic data (the phone number for instance). This will give a more professional look to your script.

And always keep an eye on the logs for PHP warnings and errors, from what I know these are common rejection reasons.

This article explains some common rejection errors, myabe it helps a bit too:

1 Like

@hevada Thank you soo much for replay. This is my first item , I was searching for this article “Common Rejection Factors CodeCanyon”. It’s my mistake for JS errors. I do not understaned what do you mean “more realistic data”? But generally speaking, it would be nice if item was rejected,that reviewer say “ok, please correct following mistakes”.

There are projects that are approved, and that have errors in JS (console), in PHP one of this project, when do you want do submit form, everything disappears and got “{“error”:{“code”:“001”,“description”:“Authentication failed”,“documentation”:“h t t p://w w w .clickatell.com/help/apidocs/error/001.htm”}}”, is this friendly message, proffesional error checking.

Second project, when do you want to create a report , from - to - date, you get it same data no matter which date you choose.

The professional look of these applications is ridiculous, and they are approved.

I can find hundreds of errors for these application, and again they are all approved.

I know …and as a codecanyon author I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

But one thing I’ve learned in my experience as a developer (not only here, but everywhere I worked) is that you gain more in your career if you focus on your code and on what YOU do, not on what others are doing :slight_smile:

Try to improve yourself and do not compare with others :wink:

By “real data” I mean having in the system phone numbers that look real, receipts with real medicine names, things like this. But I don’t think this was the reason for rejection, most probably some errors in the code or in the live demo, you should probably check those.

All the best!

1 Like

Yea I totally agree with you.I’m always focusing on my code, i don’t have problem what others doing, I’m only saing thats not right :slight_smile: BTW thank you soo much for your time, and when I want to submit another project, can you (before my submitting) review my demo? :slight_smile:

Definetely! Please feel free anytime to ask for a second opinion and I’ll be happy to help.
Just please remember I am not an employee at Envato, I’m only helping with forum moderation, so any code feedback will not be official, it will be just developers sharing opinions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea i know that. I just want opinion from people who have been in this business for a long time, and we are Europeans (my country still not in EU), but neighbors, definitely :slight_smile:

1 Like