HELP ! Buying Music Instruments in Barcelona

Hi there

This summer I’ll travel to Spain and I want to put a day aside for checking music shops, but the problem is that I never been in Barcelona before :frowning:

Anyone can help? On Internet searches I find either guitar only shops or stuff that is advertised as music store but is a music school instead… or music stores without website…

Mainly I want to see some good trumpets and maybe some electric guitars (no acoustic or flamenco, just not my cup).

Any advice?

1 Like

I bought some good percussion and some sheet music in a music store on the Rambla, it was about ten years ago, but I think the store (“Casa Beethoven”) is still there

Maybe Ibby knows? :smiley: Ibrahim, donde estas??

I usually trust this shop for all that music production requires:

http://www.unionmusical.es/

Avinguda Diagonal, 208, 08018 Barcelona

934 86 01 87

Nothing fancy, just a regular big music store that has everything. It's a chain shop, I think this one close to Plaça Glòries is still working. I don't know many other cool places to buy music gear, and it is a shame... I'll be monitoring this thread to see what other cool places people recomend. Good luck! Have a great time here!
2 Likes
Mihai_Sorohan said

Hi there

This summer I’ll travel to Spain and I want to put a day aside for checking music shops, but the problem is that I never been in Barcelona before :frowning:

Anyone can help? On Internet searches I find either guitar only shops or stuff that is advertised as music store but is a music school instead… or music stores without website…

Mainly I want to see some good trumpets and maybe some electric guitars (no acoustic or flamenco, just not my cup).

Any advice?

Hey Mihai!

There are few shops in the centre of the city.

Firstly, there is a big square called ‘Plaza Catalunya’, that one works like a meeting point in the city, you’ll know about it for sure because from there you can go to anywhere in Barcelona. In front of this square there are a couple of department stores called Corte Inglés and Fnac, they sell instruments but just the commercial stuff, not specialized.

Secondly, in this very same area there are few small shops and they sell better stuff.

I bought my acoustic guitar in Guitar Shop, I also saw electric guitars, ukuleles, etc.

Guitar Shop Barcelona

Address: Carrer dels Tallers, 27

L’Art Guinardó

Address: Carrer dels Tallers, 67 (Same street as the one above)

Casa Beethoven

Address: Rambla de Sant Josep 97

Musical Emporium

Address: La Rambla de Canaletes, 129

New-Phono

Address: Carrer Ample, 37 (This one is not close to Plaza Catalunya but it’s a short walk, like 10 mins walking)

These are close to the touristic area, there are few more but for those you would need to take the subway or taxi. If you are interested, I can let you know about them.

If it’s your first time in Barcelona please consider the following tips.

1. Keep your wallet and belongings in your front pockets, make sure your backpack is closed while walking around. Barcelona is a safe city, it doesn’t feel dodgy or dangerous but the art of pickpocketing is very well developed.

2. If you are visiting alone then you may want to take the subway but if you are coming with family or friends is better taking a taxi. Keep in mind that from one point to another in the subway is 2€ each person and maybe the same route in taxi is 6€, so if you are with 2 more people is worth it.

3. if you are interested in sightseeing and your visit is short you may want to take the Barcelona Bus Turistic to see the whole city comfortably. It’s about 25€ for one day and 32€ two days. It has audio in several languages.

4. In the subway you can buy a single ticket with multiple trips, it works for bus too. It’s called T10, and you can use that same ticket for multiple people, it’s multi-personal and has 10 trips.

5. If you want to have a nice view of the city I strongly recommend visiting Castell de Montjuïc.

6. Don’t miss Sagrada Familia, even if you are not a religious person it’s a great thing to see.

7. If you want to eat good Spanish food, never eat in the restaurants near Ramblas, those are for tourists only, it’s frozen food and too expensive for what they offer. For better food, visit the following places:

Cervecería Catalana

Address: Carrer de Mallorca, 236 (This one doesn’t book tables so just go and wait until they give you one. You could wait for 5 mins only or and hour but it’s worth it)

La Bombeta

Address: Maquinista 3, Barceloneta

Irati Taverna Basca

Address: Cardenal Casanas, 17 (You eat standing up, very informal place but great tapas)

1. Visit this ice cream place, real italian gelato, the best in Barcelona:

Gelaaati Di Marco

Address: Llibreteria, 7

1. Enjoy the city!

I hope that info helps!

For all kinds of musical accessories I recommend http://www.alfasoni.com/ , it’s a great store but I think they don’t have trumpets. Have a good time!

Guys, you’re all amazing. Thanks for all the info.

You can also see this thread http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/visiting-barcelona-spain-what-should-i-know/105320#860626

:slight_smile:

Interesting! I’m going to live soon in Menorca thus I think Barcellona (or maybe Palma) will be of great interest for me concerning music shops :slight_smile:

On unionmusical I’ve seen some pretty cool instruments, some really expensive trumpets, so, there is hope :slight_smile:

Yes indeed go to Alphasoni (best prices) and Microfusa (really good support)