Hello, I need your feedback for this rejected track. Thank you! :-)

First of all, your guitars sound way too harsh (too much gain in the hi mid (2000-4000 hz). I need to lower the volume on my mixer to listen to the track. You get small timing issues too.

It sounds very messy. Why?

1.Because your guitars are all one on each other in the center. Pan them one left, one right, one in the center (the riff one in the center by exemple).

2.They peak all at the same place (around 2000-4000 hz) while playing different part so it’s very confused/fuzzy. Keep one here on the harsh area but make it less harsh yet. Keep the low riff one in the low mids (200-500 hz), another could peak between (500-2000 hz). You don’t have a lot of instruments so you have a lot of place in the frequencies spectrum to give a place to each one. I’m not sure if you have 2 or 3 distinct guitars. Add to them more low end and definition (treble 5000-10000 hz).

The drums and guitars don’t blend at all because you have, on one side, your clean drums with definition and on the other, your very narrow harsh sounding guitars. Everything lack reverb too. So we don’t have the space to put the instruments all in and make them together. It sounds like I have the drums in front of me in a very small room and the guitars are playing trough headphone on my head plugged to an old telephone.

The arrangement is a bit repetitive and simple.

Your not far from Peter Gunn Theme with your riff. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope it helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:grinning: thank you very much!
By the way, I didn’t hear about Peter Gunn Theme until now honestly!
I found it now on youtube and you are right :grin:

1 Like

ah,ah,ah! :wink: :smiley:

1 Like