Heightmapper in 3D Map Generator Terrain does not work

hi my heighmapper does not work. I have downloaded software today, following steps on this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0HnaYNUx4 As soon as I insert the link from google and click ok there is basically a blank page instead of picture

thanks

Hi,

Contact with your purchase item author hope they will help you out from your issue.

Thanks!

sorry i dont understand your answer

Follow this video

1 Like

Hi! I was having this same problem and I think I might have worked it out. Apparently there is a limitation in scale when using Heightmapper. If your map is of a relatively small area, it will not show the gradient map, just a blank page as you said. However, if you zoom out (using the minus button in the upper left) eventually you should start seeing some texture.

I suggest you try again by zooming out in google maps and inserting the link of this now broader area. It might not give you the detail you are looking for, but it will give you something to work with. You can then crop and adjust the map in Photoshop.

Hope this helps!

Also to add for those who fell into the same trap as myself, after you have screenshotted the map for textures, revert back to the standard map view i.e dont use the URL from satellite view otherwise it wont work. Then copy and paste the URL while viewing standard map view into the heightmapper URL field of the 3D Map Generator tool - boom!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.