Hard Rejection o_0

Hi guys! I’m not a nooby at Envato, and I was shocked by the fact that three of my uploaded items was hard rejected. In my mail was a typical text something like "unfortunately… does not meet our commercial production (samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard… " and other stuff. So, they gave the advice to listen to popular top list songs… And I decide to compare.

Here is an example from popular files:

And here is my item:

Here is top author’s item:

And one of my rejected items:

Am I really so bad? Wth quality team guys? Maybe that’s because imma girl? :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can really make these comparisons, a happy uke track has nothing to do with your inspiring cinematic track and that future bass track has nothing to do with your motivational track, you need to look more apples to apples and find out where your composition/mix is lacking.

I will say from just listening to your two tracks that they are not bad at all, but they also aren’t really all that great. The two genres you’re competing in (corporate and cinematic) have some of the best composers on audio jungle in them already so unfortunately “good” just doesn’t seem to cut it most of the time and you need to be on a level with them.

In cinematic I’d say you’re a little too quiet/squashed so you lose a lot of the dramatics you need, also it is very repetitive, i’m sure it wouldn’t stand up to a lot of the competition that get’s uploaded there every day.

For motivational, it’s just too bland all around IMO. Composition and mixing just won’t stand out against what goes up there as well.

I’d pick some of the lesser done genres and focus on building your chops there, or really step up your game to compete in the genre’s you’re trying for!

And I had no idea you were a girl till you mentioned it! I’m sure that has nothing to do with it.

The funny thing is, the song happy is bleeding high end. I can hear problems in Inspiring cinematic. The piano in particular. It’s muddy and there is this one frequency that keeps popping up that’s pretty loud. The strings could also use some love as they sound synthetic. Over all, it’s a nice track with a good arrangement. The mix is the problem. Your room could be playing tricks on you sonically. are you mixing at a low volume? that more than anything will lead to a better mix.

@ProTunes @orbiterred
I’m here.