Hard Rejected? Why?

So my application was hard rejected today after 18 days waiting.
Reason? There was none really. Just “…we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.”
I would like to know what the review process entails and what are the quality standards?

I am thinking it is a simple case of “Oh I am not in the mood for reviewing this one so I will just hit hard reject right there.”
I had a professional coder check my application and he found no issues at all and said “I would be interested in reading their quality standards and the policies and procedures they follow when reviewing.”

Anyone who would like to see the demo can do so by going to http://www.moorcam.com/proadmin/
Username: admin
Password: adminTest

Certain things are disabled for reason of security within the demo.

Hi @Figerty,

When the reviewer said “quality standard,” they were not referring to your code alone. Rather, they were critiquing the entire script based on its features, complexity, and value to customers. You can write the best code in the world if you’d like – but if the app isn’t unique and valuable then it will be rejected for lack of overall quality.

I found some scripts available for sale already which you should take a look at:

It’s clear that you have some pretty big competition on the market already – they all have significantly more features, better stock designs, and greater overall value than your admin panel.

But you may argue that your script is better tailored for less experienced developers; that it doesn’t use complicated frameworks and keeps things simple. The issue with that is, there’s already free code for that out there in the open internet. A lot of it. I found this in five seconds, and it’s one of many. It also looks quite similar to yours. :smiley:

I can’t see your PHP, obviously, but at least at a first glance the code doesn’t look all that high quality to me either. Here’s a simple example that I like to use: I don’t see a CSRF token on your login page – don’t you think something like that is an essential and pretty basic security step for an app these days? Now of course, that’s not the sole reason for your rejection, nor am I saying that fixing such things will get the script approved.

The review decision was almost certainly based on these points.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate the feedback.
CSRF? Of course it is essential, which is why it is in the newer version.
Regardless of the many more items out there and whether mine is better or not (I never stated it was. I just said it was designed to make it easier), it is not so much about it being rejected. It’s about Why. Just saying things like, it doesn’t meet our standards etc, but providing no feedback, such as, “Here is a link to explain how we preview and our policies on standards” would suffice.

I will not be submitting projects here again. It’s more or less for the more “advanced” coders rather than the novice.

No worries. I totally understand the frustration that can come with the lack of a detailed rejection message. You already mentioned waiting 18 days, unfortunately that wait time would be far longer if they could give feedback to each individual submission.

me too after 2 weeks hard work …and wait 18 day…my item its simply rejected by this msg
unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

this is not fair