Hard-rejected... pls help me.

Hey. I am new to this resource. Only recently began to make music for stocks. Got 2 failures on tracks. The last track seemed so good to me, but it didn’t go as well. Help me please tell me what’s wrong.

1 Like

Hey RA! Nice track! It definitely has the ‘corporate’ feel, and I think compositionally it’s mostly fine the way it is, but I think there are some mixing issues that could have led to a rejection.

The first thing that stands out to me is that sound right at the beginning and is playing on every other eighth note, I think it’s a muted, strummed electric guitar? It’s definitely a bit too loud and up front in my opinion. It isn’t a super ‘nice’ sound, so I would probably put it a lot lower in the mix or even change it up a bit.

Then the shaker comes in to double it, and I think the shaker sounds a bit too perfect. I would recommend switching up the sample or just recording it all yourself.

I think your drums and bass are a bit too loud and possibly a bit over compressed? The theme should be front and center in this track, and it feels like it’s taking a back seat to all the other elements most of the time.

I really don’t think this song needs to be as long as it is, either. It should probably just end after the 3:00 section, it doesn’t really need another two minutes after that in my opinion.

I think you have the makings of a really nice track in there, but they just need to be brought out a bit more. Best of luck! Cheers!

1 Like

Composition seems fine musically! Maybe a bit long for a corporate track though. Try getting it between 2 and 3 mins.

Main issue I can here is the quality of samples being used, esp on the kick and some of the shakers. My best advice would be to get a splice membership for samples since it’s super cheap (but has all the samples you’d ever need) then browse the current best selling corporate tracks on AudioJungle and listen for the type of samples they’re using. Then just find ones that sound similar on splice, download em and your compositions will sound much better! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you friends for your answers. I will take this into account in my next work.