Hard Rejected Even My Item is very very good then existing one on codecanyon.

Hello Everyone,
Is there any Envato Author Here?
If yes, please please please let me know why my item is getting hard rejected even if it is far away better then existing one on codecanyon?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

My Two Items got hard rejected within couple of time.

One is a payment gateway which is FAR BETTER THEN existing one on codecanyon. I am saying this because i have developed the same payment gateway for few employers with minimal requirement and it is approved and doing good sell.
NOW I have added triple more functionality and tryin to upload and it is getting rejected on first instance.

ANOTHER IS INTERNAL MESSAGE CHAT SYSTEM.
I have uploaded one INTERNAL MESSAGING SYSTEM which is approved on codecanyon with minimal functionality and poor coding, YES POOR CODING.

I have developed INTERNAL MESSAGING SYSTEM for my account and trying to upload but getting HARD REJECTED. I AM DAMN SURE THAT WHAT I HAVE DEVELOPED IS 100 TIMES MORE FUNCTIONAL WITH ALL POSSIBLE LOGIC, but STILL GET HARD REJECTED.

CAN ANYONE HERE WHO CAN JUSTIFY THIS?

IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

THANKS

Please share your plugins so that we can see them.

Hi FWDesign,
You can download plugin zip from here. Both below plugin rejected multiple times

Internal Message System: (removed)
Adyen Payment Gateway: (removed)
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE FIXES
HOPING FOR POSTIVE RESPONSE
THanks

Please don’t share the full plguin Zip folders.

Share the demo link to each only.

Thanks but above author request the plugins so i do.
This is the internal message setup : https://livebeautify.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=inboxsolution

Login details are as folllow:
user1: demouser1 / demouser1
user2: demouser2 / demouser2

Please review and let me know. I am very eager to know what is wrong with the plugin so it is getting rejected.
Thanks

In this very big community of codecanyon, there is no one to justify this topic?

I don’t have the technical skills of authors like @FWDesign @LSVRthemes or @baileyherbert to comment in detail about that side of it. BUT…

1. With respect, almost every item/author who compares their items to others already for sale and thinks their item is better than existing ones may be missing something very obvious

2. On a more general level, I think you are making things quite complicated for your submission by not having proper or dedicated working demos (we can see this is an issue raised by potential buyer son some of your other items too)

3. While I have not seen either item in detail, they do not sound like there is a great deal of versatility, features or functionality that add specific premium value.

Creating items that work, even for previous employers, and creating items that are suitable, to the standard and will sell in a stock marketplace is a very different proposition

1 Like

@charlie4282 thank you for your support here on the forums, you help me a lot with my first theme if you even need any help code related let me know, it will be my pleasure to help you if I can.

@bilal3547 I am sorry but I have no idea what advice to give you, my plugins are multimedia oriented your are data-oriented so we are on different paths, I don’t want to confuse you even more.

I’ve looked into your plugins and I have no idea what they do, you have to show the user / reviewer a clear picture of your product without reading too much text, maybe a landing page could fix this.

My advice is not to give up, this marketplace is the best in the world and now requires the best from us authors!

So that you know I worked on a Wordpress theme 8 months and got a hard reject I was morally destroyed but I picked my self up and found a great designer that helps me fix things but even than I got 10 soft rejects until it was approved, in total 16 months of work… the review process was brutal this is the best words I can find but I did it eventually.

I really hope you will as well, it is up to you if you want to put up the fight.

The reviewers will start telling you what to fix if they find your product of value and well done but it has some issues to fix. If they give you a hard reject then you will not get any info from them and is up to you to figure it out which is a pain but it is possible, I know is brutal but this is how Envato works, they choose the best of us!

Good luck!

3 Likes

It’s a very simple plugin. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but the more simple something is, the likelihood that there are free alternatives out there increases, and the value of your plugin subsequently decreases.

Receiving a hard rejection doesn’t mean there’s an issue with your plugin. This is a common misconception. Your plugin looks fine to me, and I’m sure the code is excellent.

However, Envato only accepts plugins that they like. Only a very small fraction of submissions get accepted in, despite most of those submissions being perfectly functional plugins with practical uses.

If they don’t look at your plugin and say “Wow, this is valuable!” then you’ll get a hard rejection. It doesn’t matter if there are similar items for sale that offer less features than yours; that’s not something they actively check.

Next time you make a plugin, treat it like you’re bringing an amazing new technology to a board of potential investors. You want to shock them and make sure they can’t refuse your idea. :wink:

2 Likes

@charlie4282

Thanks for your feedback on the plugin but…

1. With respect, almost every item/author who compares their items to others already for sale and thinks their item is better than existing ones may be missing something very obvious

I am not comparing items of others whom I don’t know or whose coding I don’t know. I have compared the item which is already developed by me for some other employers. My profile also having a few plugins and so I know some standards that need to be followed. But If my product is good enough compared to existing products on codecanyon which is already developed by me as their employee are accepted then what is the reason behind my products?

1. On a more general level, I think you are making things quite complicated for your submission by not having proper or dedicated working demos (we can see this is an issue raised by potential buyer son some of your other items too)

Ok, Thanks. I have added a demo in my next submission. I hope it will not get hard rejected.

1. While I have not seen either item in detail, they do not sound like there is a great deal of versatility, features or functionality that add specific premium value.

Ok, That makes sense and I have added few more detailed words for the new submission and will take care for future submission.

@charlie4282
Again the same happen can you please help me in this issue ?
I can share you the plugin,screenshot, description and even banner as well as demo too.
Please need your help to review where I am going wrong.
can you please share your email address or something where I can share you all the details you need?
Thanks

Hi Bilal,
I’m not super experienced but I have 3 accepted plugins, so maybe I can tell you where you’re going wrong.

I’ll send you a PM with my email address

Hi @WebWizardsDev
Thank for your feedback. But I have 6 accepted plugins over codecanyon still they are rejecting the plugin so I need the guidance of the one who are associated as Envato Auhor who generally approve or reject the plugin.
hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:
Thanks

ok buddy :slightly_smiling_face: