Hard rejected, do you agree that this track is not commercial ?

Do you agree that this track is not commercial ?

https://soundcloud.com/yansof/uplifting-motivational-electro-pop/s-TgGpH

Hey @YanSof!
The idea is cool but for me that bassline doesn’t work at all with the rest of the track.
Best wishes!

The idea is really good but the overall soundstage sounds a infected by some subtle distortion/noise.

Hi @YanSof. 2 things pop out at me.

• It sounds harsh in the high frequencies; like too much Exciter type processing.
  • The “growling” bassline is distracting from the more pleasant uplifting pattern of the strings. The mix of styles is probably at issue from a commercial aspect.
1 Like

Agree with MidnightSnap. The bass is very “melodic”, maybe do it more simple?

I’m not very familiar with this style, but I’m going to give you my opinion… you have used a minor tune and when I listened this track the first time, It sounds like a little bit “dramatic”.
Good luck with approvals!

Thank you very much for your very precious advice :slight_smile:
@MARiAN @atlemusic @MidnightSnap @Kannonh

Hi @YanSof,

This is a beautiful track with some great ideas. A couple of observations on mixing/mastering:

• There’s a serious shortage of low frequencies in this mix. It’s not because of your writing. The stuff is there, we just can’t hear it. The kick sounds like a snare and the bass sounds like a lead instrument. You may have gone overboard with multiband compression or EQ. My guess is that your listening environment gives you too much bass and you end up bringing it down, but I could be wrong of course.

• The track is way too much compressed, resulting in harshness and some distortion. Loudness war is slowly becoming a thing of the past, and for this type of music we have the luxury of getting away with much lower levels and much less compression. I’d say use it to your advantage :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

I admit that I have too much force on the distortion, I have recently buy vertigo vsm 3 and I do not put it well.

good luck to you too :slight_smile: