Hard Reject! on ghost theme would like some feedback please

So I recived a hard reject and I don’t know what to do now as this is my first submit, would like to fix my mistakes before I start making a new theme, this what it said in the email

Unfortunately your submission Play - Responsive Gaming Ghost Theme isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies.

When on the site you will see I have used media from actual games , that was either a gameplay , or from the media pack from the site who made the game.

here is the demo link [http://www.ghost.samrura.com/play/][1] [1]: http://www.ghost.samrura.com/play/

If you guys could give me any feedback on my theme that would be much appreciated

if any one could give me some feedback that would be great

First I do not see the utility background image left area from home page . It’s a dead space. In post I can understand it’s for featured image. A second issue is typography . It is far too thin. It is very hard to read. This is a blog, must be easy to read. It looks dirty because of that gray on background. Try to make a contrast by using white and gray background. Example: use grey background only for comments zone . Or use a lighter gray. The line icons have different thickness . Good Luck !

1. I set the background to that image so that’s why it looks the same ( or is thier no image on your end)

2. The fonts to thin that’s what lato does well I thought, also the user can change the font i.e the article version uses another font will take it into consideration

3. I think you might be right about the grey color, but I was going for a gaming vibe not a clean white feel

overall thanks for the feedback much appreciated also Homepage Concept you built today you should convert that to a ghost theme looks great

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I am wordpress developer. Not familiar with the ghost. I hope the ghost market to grow, to become profitable development for him.

About typo. read this articles :

Update : I’d like you to comment on my post. But from the perspective of User Experience. What would you like to find in such a platform / website, no just design.