Hard problem - Reviewer do not understand the product

Hi,
I write here because I not have any other idea.
I submitted my product to ThemeForest two times, every time reviewer wrote me this:

PRODUCT IS BETTER SUITED FOR CODECANYON

This is totally wrong and reviewer are totally killing my business.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE REVIEWERS HAVE AUTHORITY TO KILL EARNING FOR ME AND ENVATO.

This is the template: http://www.framework-y.com/

I know, very different from common templates, this not mean is not good for ThemeForest. For many reasons is good for ThemeForest.
For really many many reasons is good for ThemeForest, and for many other is not good for Codecanyon.
I’m really frustrated about this stupidity. I can’t believe a good developer can not understand the power of a different product. Realy incredibile. Reviewer want I send to codecanyon but NO categories for this type of product, no at all. I can put my template only here:
codecanyon.net/category/skins or codecanyon.net/category/html5/miscellaneous

BUT THESE CATS ARE EXTREMELY AND TOTALLY WRONG ! All items of these categories are extremely small, are only CSS works! Its not have nothing to do with my template. I am forced by reviewer to put my product into a wrong category where the products are small, bad, without traffic, in short I’m forced to put my product into the worst categories of all Envato market.

DUE TO REVIEWER I FORCED TO PUBLISH A WRONG PRODUCT INTO A WRONG PLACE

Incredibile, I developed this: codecanyon.net/item/eventon-slider-addon/11063359 in lass than 2 months and now, after 10 months of work with a team for build only this product, I must be killing by a stupid people that see something of different and block everything.

THIS IS NOT ACCETTABLE. I WILL LOST THOUSANDS OF DALLARS DUE TO REVIEWER

This reviewer are killing my business totally, this reviewer is doing his best to drive away good developers and new products. I can not believe in this, really, please explain me how is it possible.

Now I will publish my product to codecanyon, this will generate 0 sales per day.
Becouse no one go to see these small categories: codecanyon.net/category/skins or codecanyon.net/category/html5/miscellaneous
Bacouse these categories are totally wrong.
Because this is template not a codecanyon item.

Now I will simple remove the documentation and I will send only the themes and demos to ThemeForest. This will be a very big downgrade of quality but It will be accepted by reviewers.
In short my template have all features of a template, plus others like documentation. By remove docs and others the template will be exactly the same of the others …the reasoning of the review is as follows: is exactly the same of the others template? nothing of innovative? ok good approved !

Please a bit of open-mindedness and spirit of innovation.

Here an explanation I sent to reviewer, but not enough for show him the real product.

I THINK YOU(REVIEWER) REJECTED FOR THESE REASONS:

1. While exploring the template you seen many source code and settings, so you think this template is for advanced / senior developers.

This is not correct, is exactly the opposite, not only this is not more difficult but it is truly more easy of the others templates, it is thinked for every one.
Hope you will understand how it easy, i will try to explain in next lines, but you can try yourself (es. tabs or animations or what you want) and check home videos.
But I agree with first reviewer about it is not immediately clear that the template is easy and ready to use like all others ThemeForest template. So I applied many updates to the template like described below.

1. For the same reason you think is like a framework and a UI KIT.

Correct but this is only a small parts of all. Framework (like bootstrap) mean(for me) that there is a assets of components for build web site, but its not include ready demos and a complete website like required by ThemeForest.
But my product include 18+ demos, 4 ready designs(themes), and 50+ ready pages

1. You know good envato and you know there is this category on codecayon: codecanyon.net/category/skins/bootstrap

And you think my product is like this for example: codecanyon.net/item/material-bootstrap-skin-ui-kit/14564659
No, this types of products are extremely smaller of my product, this types of product are far away from my for lot’s of reasons.
I understand there is not a exactly correct category in ThemeForest, but sure codecanyon categories are more wrong or ThemeForest categories, anyway this is not a problem, I think you not found the correct category on ThemeForestSite Templates > Corporate, is not exactly correct but I not think this is a big problem, consider multi-purpose web site have demos of every niche like no-profit, restaruant, business, and all are in same catgeory Site Templates > Corporate.
In addition is really a small detail, Site Templates > Corporate can be good at all.

WHY THEMEFOREST IS THE CORRECT MARKET ?

THIS IS 100% A HTML TEMPLATE
It’s contains all features of others templates. It only has some more content.

It contains ready to use demos.
It contains shortcodes, headers, titles, portfolio and blog.
It show all features of the template with all contents like images and videos, lorem ipsum texts.

My template is different, it contain also the documentation combined with template examples(explained below) but this is a plus content, all features of template are already inserted.
I planned to contact you(envato) in some week after publishing it for setting a extended license that allow develop to use our template to build other templates to sell. So ThemeForest is again the correct place.

WORDPRESS VERSION IS 50% READY
We are already working on Wordpress version, at this link you can watch a preview.

http://www.pixor.it/demo/y.mp4

This video confirme you the Wordpress version is really in progress and I think can also help to understand better the template. You can see the Visual Composer and others parts, but this cannot be inserted in Codecanyon because it is a Wordpress theme.

DIFFERENT IS NOT BAD, DIFFERENT IS GOOD

1. You and me know well one of the (few) problems of ThemeForest is differentiate the products, all the templates are almost the same, there are few templates that offers truly different features.
    Many of my clients say “what is the difference?” when I show him some template proposal.
    Bring some product that is different, like is X for Wordpress for example is not a bad thing.
    It bring some novelty, maintain the user interests to the market by help to avoid all become annoying and repeating and, most important thing, can bring innovation.
    Differentiate the offer and bring new items sue can not be a bad thing and in the good case can be a great thing. We believe in innovation and we try to build always something of different, we know this is a bigger risk but without risk is not possible to offer something of different.

2. Before starting a big project like this we analyzed best as possible what will be a great product to build for ThemeForest and we are found some interesting thing.

Seem there is a Market hole on ThemeForest and in general on HTML template market, all templates are awesome on design but there is not a solution that combine a good design with a very powerful product, complete, flexible, and that offer low level / generic functionality that allow a developer to build a web site from zero. No solutions to build templates or dedicated website with custom design.

I try to explain better, if I want build a web sites like the ones of awwwards.com or sites like:

google.com/inbox/
developers.facebook.com/docs/app-events/best-practices
play.google.com/

I can not use any of the templates on ThemeForest, simple, not exist a quality solution for this. A developer must write everything from zero.

In short one of the goals of Framework Y is to conquer a new market niche and bring a new group of clients, a new niche of users, on ThemeForest. This type of users require a product that is good not only on design but extremely flexible, these type of users know how to coding, are good developer. But sure, hope is clear, this not mean at all that this template is only for senior developers, or require more code knowledge, all users will be able to use it like for others template. More powerful not mean more difficult to use.
If you are worried about this niche is not enough big, think to Bootstrap, it make exactly the same goal and his success is very big. But there are many other signals of this that I not write you now.

1. We built website for years and we not found any good solutions in terms of simplicity, productivity and flexibility. In short for do simple things, and always the same, like set a lightbox or add a slider with some custom content, a developer must waste hours of work for problems that should require minutes.

The way how is built this template is thinked also for solve this problems, and the documentation allow develop to have all ready immediately and clear, without the need to search everywhere every time update code and others boring staffs.
Hope now you can understand better the power of the documentation combined with template contents. (Bootstrap do same thing).
I hope also I showed you why I say that this template is really more easy and for all users than the other common templates. Users that dont know nothing of code will continue to use only the demos and replacing only the content, so in this case it’s simple like others template, but for any problem Framework Y will be really more easy to use.

Sure I can remove all documentation and leave only the contents and make my template exactly like all others, but really this will be a big downgrade of quality.

I KNOW MY PRODUCT, I’M GOOD DEVELOPER, LEVEL 5, TRUST ME :slight_smile:

I started on Envato with codecanyon.net/item/eventon-slider-addon/11063359 but this was only a small try for understand if we was able to do a good work on this market, you can see results are good. Hope this will be a confirmation of my genuinity.

Please believe me ThemeForest is the correct place, the template is good, and it have all possibilities to sell good. Codecanyon will be a wrong place and will kill the sales for both us and envato. If bugs or others problems sure I will fix always, but a new hard reject will be really dangerous for my mental health :). Truly, jokes aside, a hard reject will block all work on Wordpress template and cause us major delays and problems.
Please consider me and my team are working every day only to this project from 10 may 2015, thousand of hours of work. I’m not saying you this for asking any pleasure at all, I only asking to validate the product for what it really

PLEASE SOME ONE THAT UNDERSTAND THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE!
IN ADDITION REVIEWER REJECT ME WITH A SHORT ANSWER OF 5 WORDS, NOT EXPLAINED THE REASONS OF REJECT AND NOT SHOWED ME THE CODECANYON CATEGORY!
THIS SHOW ME REVIEWER WITHOUT ANY ATTENTION AND WITHOUT SPEND MORE THAN 2 MINUTES DESTROYED ALL MY WORK OF 10 MONTHS.

I ask here a contact email of main team or someone more important than a reviewer, to avoid reviewers that not understand nothing.

Thank you very much,
Federico

may be design quality is not enough, reviewer think it’s could be a codecanyon page builder :smiley:

And the “Longest post of the month” prize goes to… :slight_smile:

Seriously, I am totally on the reviewer side on this. It definitely feels more like framework than an actual template, you’ve even named it “Framework-y”. To me it looks like a Bootstrap + some average looking demos.

For starters, nobody is trying “to kill earning for you” (or anybody else), and insulting and attacking Envato and its reviewers won’t get you anywhere, so please tone down your rhetoric, no matter how angry or disappointed you might fell right now.

It is obvious that a lot of time and effort went into your product, but as others already stated, naming it “Framework …” will immediately give the impression of it not being a “ready to go” theme, which would make it more suitable for ThemeForest. So changing the name would be a good place to start, as well as removing all references on your demo site that imply or state it being a framework.

And while you keep saying that “no coding knowledge is required”, your own demo page implies otherwise, having CSS/JS/PHP code snippets on almost every page. Maybe separating the code blocks and instructions into a dedicated (external) manual will make it easier for reviewers. Because right now, your site very much gives the impression of your product being a framework (which does in fact belong on CodeCanyon), rather than a finished theme that an end user can just buy and use. You even keep comparing your product to Bootstrap itself.

But these are just my initial thoughts (as a developer and author myself) after taking some time to go through your otherwise very extensive demo site. I wish you good luck in getting the product out for sale!

Hi,

I want say sorry to everyone for my insulting and attacking messagge, i written this messagge 5 minuts after I received hard reject…never do these type of stuffs when angry! :slight_smile:. You are very correct for not insulting me again.

Thank you for detailed response, your idea is exactly what i’m doing. But the main product, the innovative one, are not the templates i’m developing for ThemeForest, is this Framework, and on CodeCanyon no cateories for this, the only similar is http://codecanyon.net/category/html5/templates. It contain only 7 old items. There i’m almost sure there is no traffic and user searches in this categories. And I know good that without traffic is not possible any success, I can have the best item of the world but if no traffic this item will not sell and will fail for sure.

So i’m almost sure that put the Framework Y on Codecanyon will surely force my item to total failure. This is why i was realy angry.

I can publish the templates based on this Frameowrk in few weeks, and I will do, but the main product that should sell becouse is very good are not the templates but this Framework. But due tue Codecanyon i’m almost sure this will not happen.

Thank you
Good work
Federico

I got lost after reading few minutes, sorry if someone already suggested this but change the name of theme, pick a product eg. mobile apps, change the images and upload it to ThemeForest
As a second version, you could also upload this version.

Hope this works