Happy Victory Day! 75 years old!

Happy Victoria Day as well! We’ll be celebrating it on Monday May 18th as it is a Holiday here in Ontario, Canada.

1 Like

Hopefully you’re making a joke… but if not, Victoria day has nothing to do with WW2 but rather with Queen Victoria.

1 Like

Oh I misread the title - Victory Day. I mistakened it for Victoria Day. Sorry about that. I wasn’t trolling (I would never do that). I just misread the title in my email and clicked the link right away.

We have Victoria Day on Monday here in Canada, to celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday.

I guess as I get older, my eyes aren’t seeing things too well. My apologies everyone.

1 Like

Happy victory day !!!

1 Like

No worries, that was a rather amusing mistake ;)… and not the weirdest post in this thread.

1 Like

I am from Poland and my country had its victory day in 1989, not mentioning economic crisis of '90. 1945 can’t be considered as a victory year for countries occupied for more or less 50 years by Soviet Union. For half of Europe. For me it is victory of Communism over Fascism = bad guy won over another bad guy and killed our grandfathers.

But what is more important, we have to move forward. We have to remember history to avoid mistakes. Remember, not praise.

Good night :slight_smile:

Very poor comparison. Absolutely not based on anything.

If fascism were to flourish now, it is possible that we would not be here now and we would not be born and not talk here.

Of course I have to respect your opinion, but still it somehow sounds too wild for me and unnaturally.

2 Likes

This is absolutely not based on anything for me.

I would say the same 10 years ago but now I see this completely different. My biggest hobby is a WWII history, I read a lot about it. And this is my conclusion based on countles opinions. Talking that Fascism would kill everybody was a typical propaganda argument of victorious Allies and Soviets.

They say Hitler killed up to 7 million people. They say Stalin killed up to 40 million. They say both had killed comparable number of jews. Numbers are hard to verify but they show a scale.

@CleanMagicAudio can I ask you where are you from?

Of course I respect your point of view and I have only shared my opinion.

1 Like

I do not listen to rumors I trust the facts. Well, I don’t have to go far, I had a grandfather (who was fought on the tank and participated in the war (he was knocked out with a bullet to his left eye) and a grandmother who was a medic and also participated in the war. These are not rumors, but the real facts that I know from them about the war 1945.

RF.

Btw I said:

And you quoted this excerpt and answered:

Communism won over Fascism and it is a fact. Both were killing my and my friends grandparents. It is a fact too.

Do not take this personal, we have moved forward :slight_smile:

Blame nobody here, it happened. Fascism was defeated and we can speak here now and I am glad about it (to the fact that we are their grandchildren, alive). This is only thanks to those people who defeated fascism ! I congratulated them here (who fought against fascism and won)!

I remember when I was a kid, my favorite tv film was about four Polish tankmen and the Dog named Szarik. I loved this film, I’ve watched this film a thousant times or so, these 4 kind and friendly men and their funny dog - they are very important part of my childhood and it sets my opinion about Polish people for the rest of my life. The victory against Nazi is not a victory of Communism over Fascism, it’s a victory of people over evil. We have very complicated history in Europe, as you probably know, and if you want to dig deep turns out everybody are bad guys there. The heroes from one side look like murderers from another and vice versa. If only there were a single country with no political agenda at that time, there would be no such thing as Second World War in our hystory. But everybody has a dirty face back then. Unfortunatly, even in our days in 21st sentury in many countries around the world I see politicians using some facts, real or fake, to manipulate people’s opinion. It is very clear that they want to devide people for their political benefits. So let’s just keep creating good music for good people, and maybe we’ll make this world better.

2 Likes

And you are totally right. So you can find the historical researches in the internet very easily which confirm the scale I gave you, even though I gave a highest known estimation.

Like I said, I had at least 3 members of my family killed by Germans, including grandfather. And grand-grandmother killed by Soviets.

Like I said, it wasn’t a victory for Poland and for half of Europe. It was a start of new, Soviet occupation.

Starting this topic was a mistake. We have to remember about our brave ancestors. But those wars were made by politicians. Soldiers of all sides were manipulated to kill each other. Not the best thing to celebrate.

2 Likes

Hahaha, it was “Czterech pancernych i pies”. Yep, very fine series BUT it was a propaganda film created by Soviets. I’m sorry! It manipulated history facts soooooo much!

Thread Closed Reason >> political discussion.
Community Guideline

4 Likes