Hacked item

Hello community!

I saw this article of mine on a pirate [word removed] page:

[link removed]

The thing is, no one ever bought that item from me to be able to hack it. How can it be? What do I do now?? What happened?? Are the same people who receive our material the same ones who pirate? I need answers please …

2 Likes

Are you selling this on Elements too?

2 Likes

No

1 Like

maybe someone bought it and sale-reversed it later?? this usually is the case with these type of websites.

2 Likes

Yes! That´s it!!!

1 Like

Now … If these people do that, what prevents them from selling my content on other sites? Since we pay hefty commissions on Envato, there should be a team of lawyers that acts in these situations … They too hurt themselves, much more than we the authors if they do the math …

1 Like

I think that Envato now can do something about this user.

2 Likes

I hope so

1 Like

LOL

3 Likes

the sale reversal thing, a classical one lol most of the time the thing ends up like this … now here is my advice, just move on … as this is going to take u a whole lot of time to try to fight against this and in addition with a guaranty of a result … sadly enough …

3 Likes

it looks like that a lot of reversals are due to fraudulous payment methods , like stolen credit card or things like this , let’s also face it , refunds should not exist in this industry indeed … once u have the person downloading your item, u have no guaranty of their honesty and that they indeed are not going to use the concerned item or do even worse , like posting in some websites like the one he mentioned …

4 Likes

Exactly!!!

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Three days ago I’ve googled my nickname + videohive and I’ve found (I’m not joking) 24 websites which offer a free download of a project of mine present on my videohive portfolio. I’ve double-checked… some of them had been probably reversals but some were been correctly sold… so, I think this problem gonna be hard to be solved… unless these guys will understand that selling project for us, is a reason of life, particularly in this period where it is really hard to work because of Covid19… I hope one day they will start to learn a job, not only steal the work of honest professionals.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with almost every item. Pirates buy my new item and then make sale reversal. After that items are published on pirate sites.

I have a lot support emails from people who have downloaded my item there! They didn’t know that they actually have stolen my work and ask for help!

It’s a big pain. And Envato don’t help.

3 Likes

I have to say this - pirate sites who are stealing our works (mine too, I saw this many times) are the part of our digital world - like parasites in real world - and not much we can do - you can fight with one big website… if they are forced to close this site next 10 will appear within a weeks.

Also remember - those sites exist because there are people who are using those sites, so fighting the pirates is waste of time… if people can change their minds and want to pay for someone’s work then pirate sites will die by natural death.

This is cheap and low people problem, not the pirate websites - those websites are just side effect.

Imagine the world without those pirate websites… then all those people will find the way to get your works for free anyway --> which means tons of transactions reverslals and so on.

World without thieves like this is utopia. -> show me one bank without security, cameras and 2 meters width doors hiding the money and gold :slight_smile: Show me the car without lock and alarm… show me the city without police officers :slight_smile: -> wlecome to the world - and digital world is not far from real world… both places are runned by people :slight_smile: (for now, because after AI take control we will miss regular people and even thieves)

Peace :slight_smile:

3 Likes

there is something that u forgot to mention in what u said … the reason why pirate websites are hard to fight is that they seem to work as groups, in other words, if u manage to take one down , there are kind of satellites that will already have the stuff that u were stolen anyways, so that as u mentioned, fighting piracy is too complex for normal people like us … . I would like to add that people being involved in some unlimited downloads are more exposed to this risk and same goes with the people offering bundles. But , anyways, if pirate websites are an issue , sale reversals and refunds for digital products are another one … reversals and refunds are very likely to end up in piracy for sure but not systematically

2 Likes

the problem is that the whole of us authors are not universal studios to absorb the pain of lost revenue, especially in such hard times as with the covid issue

2 Likes

reversal is soo bad and should not exist, but on the bright side, if they steal your work, then your work is good! and people that will pirate it and download it would never purchase it otherwise, so its kind of a good thing! don’t worry guys, these happen

3 Likes

yeah this is true but if your work is really much stolen and in the end is only brining pirates some money , u will end up in the dog house and the quality of your work will not be that useful lol this is for the joke, i identify what u are saying but the fact of the matter is that most of us do not make enough money so that we can actually deal with this like “i do not mind”. As i expressed beforehand, we are not universal studios and if a big platform is having some trouble with this - and loses some money in the process what they probably do not like too - they are still vehiculating image , brand recognition and so on … in our case, as part of a whole this is not what happens with us , we just lose items and the associated gains, period …

1 Like

This thread has been disabled >> Piracy Discussion

While we really appreciate the intention of such matters being quickly posted/discussed in the forums, we politely ask that any/all copyright infringement related issues be reported directly to Envato Help Centre

Please also see our Help Centre for more information on copyright.

Thanks!