[GraphicRiver] Your item, DeveCity D Letter Logo, has been rejected

Hi there,
I was designed a logo for the graphic river. Recently I got a rejection email. the email is:

"Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “DeveCity D Letter Logo” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected.

Remember you can get help, in the form of tutorials or skilled professionals, on Envato Tuts+ and Envato Studio.

We hope to see a new submission from you soon!

All the best!

Envato Quality team

Still have questions? Contact our Help Center."

I don’t know what’s wrong. I used adobe photoshop CS8.0 for design the logo. It was used the pen tool to design the logo. The size was 13.97*14.97 inc. If someone here to suggest something about quality, It will be beneficial for me. Is there a problem with my software? Or anything others? If the problem with adobe photoshop, so what software you are suggesting me to design a logo, and which type of tools I need to use?

thanks.

Post your rejected logo

@DesignSomething here is the logo

Your logo is below standards. It is too simple. Shapes and colors are too raw.

thanks for your reply. so, i don’t have any problems with my software? you are suggesting me to design a logo with standard quality, change font and color correction? is this will be helpful to try another submission with another logo into graphic river?

You have design issues. Find an unique concept (a simple letter it is not enough). Avoid gradients (use flat colors). Avoid shadows (looks amateurish). For logo category you need to work in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. Also you need to improve your skills allot to get accepted in logo category.

thanks for your help. i got the point. i will try in my next project.

hi he is basically suggesting that u change everything lol sorry i am kidding, but what i mean by that in a humor way is that there are really tons of issues to fix for u with such an item to manage to get to the standard quality requirements indeed. First of all there is not concept in what u have this far … i am sorry to tell u just this, but if u ask me what the logo is standing for and who it is addressing, at the moment, i clearly have no idea whatsoever about it, and i guess that u can identify that this is a problem if even an other professional does not manage to do just this. By the way , the market has changed gamely ever since it was created and this is not 2008 or something like this any more , u cannot create very generic things anymore and cross fingers so that the logo is reaching his target , audience and potentially purchasing base. Nowadays the market is more like to work with niches and i guess that no one can see their niche here , if u ask me, as the concept is definitely not clear enough for this at this stage. For me, this is hard to sort this in a category but i cannot understand how u have waves like this to get across the logo and that u have the big circular shape and i definitely do not manage what the role thing is meant to represent indeed. I know that “abstract” could be a style but even as this is no coherent as what u have this far is rather bulky , big and far from being subtle enough so that we can believe that this is what u tried to do. I am not sure that the shadows are are meant to be a “feature” of the logo but this is clearly not selling and this rather makes me think that u tried to create the logo in photoshop rather than with illstrator , rather than any other thing. This is not looking professional enough this far and aesthetics wise this is not any better as this is not bringing anything to the table but rather tends to wreak havoc visually … i know that u may have done this so that can avoid to completely violate the contrast basic design principle but there is way easier to do to do so. Just change the colors. This is faster, it will look better and the logo will be more outstanding and offering more relief as well in the process …this is clearly not a good idea to kind of select colors to opposing out enough from the background and this will not emphasize your work indeed. I think that this is not superfluous to mention this also. Actually a logo meant to be sold in marketplaces is made of two parts, the text part and the illustration one and u have only one at the moment , which is clearly not a good idea. Pls keep in mind that logo category is a tough one and that there is a lot of guys in town due to the big gains that selling a logo is associated with so that the catalogue of products is wide and there i even more need to bring very professional things and original ones , too , to the table so that the item can make it for sale