Got soft rejection 3 times!

Hi,

I have recently submitted an HTML Template on themeforest, but got soft rejection, stated:

1. PLACEHOLDER IMAGES: Please delete the images from the main file and replace them with placeholders. http://placehold.it - Please mention this in the item description so that buyers understand photos are not included in the download.

2. SPACING AND ALIGNMENT: There are spacing and alignment issues in this item. Please make sure that all elements are aligned properly and spacing is consistent from section to section. Here are some articles with more information regarding negative space and proper spacing: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/using-white-space-or-negative-space-in-your-designs--webdesign-3401, http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/adding-space-to-your-designs--webdesign-14836

3. RESPONSIVE ISSUES: Your files are either inaccurately represented as responsive or have responsive layout issues. Please take a moment to make sure that your design layout looks correct at different breakpoints and that all text is scaled appropriately for smaller devices.

4. DOCUMENTATION: Your documentation is either missing or insufficient. Please make sure you provide clear and concise documentation outlining installation, configuration and customization procedures for this item. For compatibility reasons, please provide documentation in either HTML or PDF format.

5. VISUAL HIERARCHY: The visual hierarchy of this item requires additional work. Focus on better defining which areas of this item should demand more attention and creating a logical structure to the design. For more information, please read: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/an-introduction-to-hierarchy-webdesign-14947

I have checked and there’s no responsive issue and documentation is also good (as this was resolved in next rejection message)

Can you help me to identify exact area of working or improvement. Here’s the demo URL of my template: http://dev.rglabs.net/directory/

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

So now we are not allowed to use images anymore.

For wordpress is not possible to use placeholders because multiple images are created with add_image , this makes no sense

If I am not wrong it mean placeholder for main download not for demo preview. So, you can use images for demo preview but should not include in main download for customer.

That’s right - it’s fine in the demo, it’s just the download version where they need to be substituted

Why is there another directory item’s details in the template and code?

Mentioned in my first reply.

In section padding you have used:
padding-top: 40px; padding-bottom: 50px; also in bottom for p you have margin-bottom: 1rem;
So, mean in bottom you have: 10px+1rem more space. Please check such issues in your overall tempate. overall tempate spacing need to more take care.

text above image as like in blog section, interested section some contrst issues. check overall tempate.

Countdown responsive devices spacing is a great issues. need to add more space for each block count. check overall tempate.

What if images have a free commercial license from pixabay, they have to be replaced with placeholders for the demo content that the client installs? If so would require to create two demos, one with images and one with placeholders, this is a waste of time and I really hope is not the case.

As we understand it there should be no images other than placeholders regardless of source of license in the downloadable version

I imagine (not an official answer) that some authors may otherwise flaunt the rules or disregard some license terms. Envato can’t check every asset in every item, although their marketplace being used to distribute images that are not meant to be does not reflect well on them.

actually not. Images include restriction only for purchased download main file (customer copy). You are free to use images in demo preview but you have to keep respect in images license.

Very confusing man. I hope someone can come with a clear answer, are all authors create demo imports with placeholders?

The theme that I bought it dse not use placeholsers but free images the exact images the author used in the demo.

I understand that in preview is allowed which makes sense since the images are free.

I am talking about thw wordpress demo content that the client can import in his wordpress instalation?

in demo import beter to use placeholder but can use commercial use free images with respect license terms. demo import will use your imported resources but everyone will see only demo preview.

I think it’s a fairly new change so may not hav ebeen the case with older items

Thanks all, I have already replaced images with placeholder images, resolved responsive issues and documentation as well. Need more details about spacing and visual hierarchy.

Ok is this written somewhere by Envato theme or is just an assumption ? I really need to know this, to create a demo with placeholders will take a lot of time that I could use for something else not to mention the user will have a hart atack when will see how bad it looks with placeholders everywhere where images are, most likely 1 star ratings will be a norm.

please keep in mind the 2 main rules:

1. You should only use assets in your items that you own or have a license to use.
  2. You can also use watermarked Envato Market assets in your item previews, if you give the other author credit.

Id definitely ask author support for official confirmation.

I will get back to this post after I submit the theme , I will go the traditional way but to ask an author to create a demo contant with placeholders is pure stupidity, wordpress in not a HTML template it has a vast database and in many caseses it created different image size depending on the content.

About this:
You should only use assets in your items that you own or have a license to use.

Yes I do have a license the license is free to use for commercial use.

Thank you for your answeres.