Good or bad idea - rejected items on Envato Marketplace(s)

Hi there, to all!

I have been thinking about idea and would like some of your thoughts, pros or cons. Anything. I believe that some one has come up on similar thoughts, similar idea. I haven’t been searching and reading forums often - in this case, please Envato - delete my post and, please, inform me about bad idea. :slight_smile:

What is this idea?

We, who post items to Envato Market(s) got more or less files rejected. We put a lot of work in accepted and rejected files. There is no difference. Those files never see a light of Envato Market place. Well, we can send them to other marketplaces. But … Envato looses time with review process, payment to staff, space on storage units, … authors loose faith, hope and their work - and both of us loose money. We have nothing from rejected items. Envato has nothing from those items either.

What if …

What if Envato would have special ‘corner’ with rejected items? I am aware of first bad point: files and storage would grow and grow, since many files are rejected.

But …

Envato could accept a percentage of those rejected items - 10, 20% of all rejected items - if not all. And put them into special ‘corner of rejected items’ or ‘Sale items’ - with no responsibility (from authors and from Envato) to any kind of quality points that item has to have to be accepted. Clear statement put to those items. Buyer’s responsibility in 100%.

And set special price to those ‘rejected items corner’ - like a sale of goods with ‘failure’ in real stores. Lowered price. Sale price. Whatever …

So little less money would be lost - to authors and to Envato. I am sure that items would sell any way. Do you?

What do you think? Bad or good idea?

Thank you for your thoughts and for your time, friends! And best of luck to all!

Maybe this bad idea is too much linked to real world economy - stores. Where you can buy goods with small faults - with lowered prices. I am sure every one knows stores have faulty goods and they sell. Any way - thanks for your toughs. If I would get Apple with small scratch on screen or new apartment with bad painting in living room for half of a price - I would buy it. Would you not? Not to mention clothes with small faults for half a price … Just a thought … Do not get me wrong, please! :wink: I have had no bad intentions at all. Why would I?

Thank you!

Primus1

Why would Envato wanted to do something like that? There are MORE THAN ENOUGH quality approved items already and new items are being approved each day. Such “junkyard” part of the marketplace would only damage their branding. You don’t see Apple have a special corner in their stores selling faulty iPhones, don’t you? This idea is a total nonsense IMHO.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I thought you’d say about let the market & customers reject poor quality items naturally.
But you didn’t :smiley:

That would kind of be like property developers opening a junk yard next to their luxury apartment block! :slight_smile:

Maybe this bad idea is too much linked to real world economy - stores.
Where you can buy goods with small faults - with lowered prices. I am
sure every one knows stores have faulty goods and they sell. Any way -
thanks for your toughs. If I would get Apple with small scratch on
screen or new apartment with bad painting in living room for half of a
price - I would buy it. Would you not? Not to mention clothes with small
faults for half a price … Just a thought … Do not get me wrong,
please! I have had no bad intentions at all. Why would I?

But why give the buyers an option to get even cheaper items? The prices are low as it is.

I agree with you. Junkyard - as mentioned from friend in previous post. Good point. I was writing about rejected items with lowered prices. Not to lower price to items accepted. Faulty goods … Time would tell and buyers would tell - at last.

Yes, I understood what you meant. But I think those rejected items potentially could hurt the sales of the accepted items. And we would propably get threads on the forums like: “Why didn’t my rejected item get accepted for the rejected items category?” :wink:

2 Likes

But this is not about that those items would not sell, I am sure some of them would. It is about maintaining some quality standards and building a brand. If you are facing rejections too much, just work on your skills, easy as that.

You basically proposing the reviews will be only about if your theme goes to junkyard or to a regular category. With the number of submission the junkyard will contain thousand of items within few day. What will be the point of this?

Sorry but even discussing this idea is a waste of time, such bad idea it is.

1 Like

Your comment wins! You make me laugh. :slight_smile: Never thought about that point. Thanks! You see - many heads, many thoughts and ideas. Really a good comment to a bad idea … :wink:

why a buyer buy a garbage instead of quality items with no support.

Good point. Maybe you are right. It won’t happen. I know. Thanks!

I agree. As mentioned - maybe idea (bad) is too much linked to real world. Faulty goods and so on … In real stores or in Net stores.

Any way - some owners (stock sites) have statements if item is rejected, you can put it into Free section. So this is not such new point of view, or new idea.

What makes me wonder is that many of authors here are disappointed that item was rejected and they ask opinion from other authors why it was rejected. And they (sometimes) got opinion that it is not such a bad project (video, …).

Such files could go there. Do not know. I do not wont to be too smart … :wink:

Review Message;

“Your item very poor for Envato Marketplace, please submit your item to poormarket.envato.com marketplace! No review no offical price!”

lol

2 Likes

makes no sense.

Besides it is too complicated it is not good idea because most of rejected items are improved and submitted again. It is just one stage of item’s development. So in the end there will be one approved good item and one rejected that is actually worse version of approved one.

Thank you all. I appreciatd your time and thoughts. Even for idea as bad as it is.

I totally agree with LSVRthemes and Hyperprod! What AJ should do (and perhaps are doing) is the opposite. Raise the quality and distance the library from poor quality products. The prices are already extremely low and could instead be raised as the quality of the library gets better.
To be extremely frank… EVERYBODY can’t make RF music and make money of it. IF (and I say IF) you can’t learn what the market wants and learn produce that, perhaps there is other things to do. Other sides of the music industry. (I don’t mean you personally). I’m sorry, I tried to say that in a humble and nice way but it turned out nasty. Well, perhaps that’s the way it is!
Good luck with your work! :slight_smile:

1 Like