glitches in cs6 .mov/avi render output in ae - any ideas?

hi - lately I’ve been seeing glitches when rendering out from ae cs6 to .mov quicktime in high resolution; any ideas/fixes? The playback is fine for a few seconds, then there’s a ‘glitch’ like a hiccup in the playback, a static bar/bump in the output video, then back to normal output… kind of strange… not in the original file; and trying even in .avi output I get static bars… any ideas on what could be causing that?

thx…

update: at least outputting to a png sequence works, so I’m not dead in the water, but still, why glitches on video output? hmm… I can try reinstalling .mov apple quicktime program, but since glitch in avi output too, it’s something else

had issue with AE+QuickTime when the project is heavy on RAM (lot of photos/videos, textures, 3D layers) so is always best to render with image sequences then convert the image sequence in a mov file if the project is complex.

Sometimes it can be a problem not related with codecs. Some of 3rd party plugins can do this…

doru said

had issue with AE+QuickTime when the project is heavy on RAM (lot of photos/videos, textures, 3D layers) so is always best to render with image sequences then convert the image sequence in a mov file if the project is complex.

As he says doru, when the project is very heavy, can cause errors in the render video, it is best if this happens make render image sequence for later convert.

thanks; I didn’t know that… images work fine for png export, so I’ll do that then… much appreciated

Try clearing the disk cache and re-rendering the frames in question.

If you’ve rendered an image sequence, you can just manually dump the dodgy frames and set the render to go again, but select to not overwrite existing frames. Ae will just render the ones you ditched.

hi felt, thanks – good idea re clearing the cache, I had a recent bsod so it likely has some corrupted cache files, good catch… I’ll clear it and defrag, hopefully that’ll clear it up… and/or test making the cache on a different drive, to clear the buffer/location… the png outputs are fine, just mov/avis are corrupted now… thanks as always :slight_smile: