Getting “GHOST” audio and Need Help!

I’ve tried everything to resolve this. (incl. searching forum)

Total project is 0:59 seconds long.
Clip in question is 7 seconds long and doesn’t appear in timeline until 0:50

I am “hearing” the audio from said video clip at 0:14 seconds in as well as at 0:30 seconds in.

I’ve deleted the clip, saved the project and started over and it keeps happening once I reinsert the clip. If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it I would really appreciate it. Up against a deadline and this is stopping me from finishing.

AE, CS5 Version 10.00

Is there a camera? if yes is it on “active camera”?

flashato said

Is there a camera? if yes is it on “active camera”?

Lower of preview window does show “active camera” yes. Should it not?

I should add, that I’m a musician who’s pretty new to AE so I apologize if my question sounds “uninformed."

I don’t really understand what your problem is. My guess is that you are hearing audio from a video clip you brought into AE, and are trying to also add music to the AE project as well. You hear unwanted audio coming from the clip correct? I wonder if your video clip has that ghost audio attached to it.

Simply turn off the little audio switch to the left the video clip layer in the timeline. You can also hold down command button while scrolling the timeline to preview the audio, or do a quick ram preview at low rez, to see if it worked.

andrenavarre said

I don’t really understand what your problem is. My guess is that you are hearing audio from a video clip you brought into AE, and are trying to also add music to the AE project as well. You hear unwanted audio coming from the clip correct? I wonder if your video clip has that ghost audio attached to it.

Simply turn off the little audio switch to the left the video clip layer in the timeline. You can also hold down command button while scrolling the timeline to preview the audio, or do a quick ram preview at low rez, to see if it worked.

That’s it sorta……

The clip plays at 0:50 and I need to hear the audio from the clip. It plays just fine at the intended start point. The problem is the audio from that clip is playing at the beginning of the project while another is playing. I don’t “see” the video clip while this happens but the audio of it just shows up out of nowhere and I can’t seem to stop it from happening. If I reduce the volume of the clip, it works but unfortunately reduces volume at the 0:50 mark where I NEED to hear it.

I can’t figure this out and I’ve tried using different video clips and have the same result.

I just realized that I’m very tired and didn’t read your question properly. Woopsies. If your video clip is in a 3D layer, make sure that there is actually a camera throughout the whole timeline. If you check your layers in the timeline around :50 you can probably see something, new layers, layer getting cut off… Also try selecting all the layers and pressing “U” to see keyframes, maybe there’s something happening there.

@d0by - you bought a project on videohive? you inserted your footages? besides footages, you have music in your main project? correct?