Germany - Do I need an EIN or TIN?

I am going to fill out the W8BEN form.
Is it necessary to have an EIN / TIN or is it okay to enter my foreign tax ID? (Identifikationsnummer)
There is a 0% treaty between US and Germany…
I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Foreign tax ID is the way to go. You normally only need to apply for an EIN or a TIN if you can’t get a foreign tax ID for whatever reason.

Thanks very much for your reply.