Further tests on Market Search / Category / Home pages

What do you mean “When…” ? I’m not quite get it.

It shows all three options at the same time randomly to different people.

2 Likes

Sales were great last week when you were doing tests, now they are gone again…

The tests are still ongoing

Wow!!! my new WP plugin went from 91 visits first day to just 2 in 10 days. It became invisible!
Can these tests be the cause or is it normal for page views to plummet like that for new items?

2 Likes

Sure! By default, visitors are shown the Best Sellers.

“When…” I mean those settings what I’m seeing when I open a list of After Effects category on Videohive. I don’t have an access to see more details of the test, so I can say only about what I see. What are the actual settings in the moment when my sales are falling or rising, I don’t know. Envato knows.

My works from the last six months are invisible. Zero sales.
Sell mainly works from the period 2015 to May 2016

For the idea of ( Best Sellers ) sorting , It’s better for business , but you’re making troubles for new authors and items to make sales and followers . I suggest to divide the page to 2 parts Top Part ( Best Sellers ) & Down Part ( Newest Items ) … I wish you do this :slight_smile:

Hmm, ok so usually we have items order as new, tests took 2 weeks, a lot of items was uploaded during this period and when everything is back to normal people who caught up in this experimental mess did not get the exposure of their new items as they should. After everything will be back to normal new items will hit the market and those who uploaded during this two weeks will get nothing. If I am wrong correct me. This is literally shit-storm if you ask me.

I always been fond of this marketplace, it is placed at the top of marketplaces with digital assets but this behavior, when you do something and this have so much negative impact on authors who generate your income is just unacceptable for marketplace with such reputation. Even if drop of sales is not directly result of this experiments the amount of disappointment people got during this weeks is really shows that envato don’t really care about it’s authors, especially new.

I think we at least deserve an apology for such bold move for reason simply to calm us down. I hope this experiments will bring good results but if I just spent some time reading through forum I get a feeling that this will just get worse.

10 Likes

As a user, I was so frustrated with the new look on the Category page, that I spent 5 mins finding a place where I could share this frustration. I understand that you are doing testing here-- I get the need to do it. But tests should improve experiences, not make them more confusing. The new cards showing on my screen are overwhelming and since every author has a different way of presenting their product, it is very overwhelming. The old cards, which had whitespace and a defined container worked just fine. My 2 cents.

Also, after reading the comments on this forum, I strongly empathize with all of the authors who have been impacted by the tests. It makes me wonder the following:

1. Why could you have not done smaller tests over a longer period of time? Leave a portion of the traffic with no change (or minor changes) and test with the rest. I am sure there was probably a good reason, but this seems extreme.

2. Who are you optimizing the interface for? Your sales? or author sales? I know that author sales should translate into sales for you. they win, you win. But I wonder if some sales benefit you more and that is what you are optimizing for.

3. Hopefully you are using more than just web data to ultimately make decisions. Please reach out to customers directly and do some qualitative research. I for one can tell you precisely what I want to see in an interface and what makes me purchase. Personally, I am frustrated that in some instances, I have to dig through and read each product carefully to make sure I am not looking at some outdated item. I used to be able to rely on my search/ category page truly delivering my best match-- now I am not sure.

All and all, I get the need to test. I understand the desire to bring other items in the marketplace to the forefront. And I know that you can’t make everyone happy, but can you please make me happy and not change my cards:)

15 Likes

i’m selling projects created in 2015…but customers need a new design, not 2 years old one. Just my 2 cents…

1 Like

I hope you finish your tests as soon as possible because I have a big drop in sales.

5 Likes

Can you implement Sort by “Newest Updated Items”? I think it will be good feature.

1 Like

Please, Dear Envato, just return the settings from last week! :frowning:
The trending items not good… as everyone here writing :frowning:

6 Likes

Yes, last week was awesome.

2 Likes

Since the tests began we saw a 95% drop in our sales. Please envato, don’t treat us as lab rats, we need to pay our bills and these tests destroy our business.

Last two years you have made one bad decision after another, nothing here seems to be done in authors favors. Themeforest was stable route for those who wanted to make a living doing what they loved, now it seems to be a risky job, every step here leads to disaster in sales.

The ADP for example is destroying not just the envato market but the whole theme market, some authors who only think in numbers is taking the extreme ridiculous step in selling WordPress themes at $13, the result is a cheap and bloated market, we authors warned about this before envato doing such step on author driving price, but as always, nobody listen to our concerns. That’s all.

22 Likes

100% Agree

3 Likes

An example from my side. I just released a time-lapse under stock footage a few days ago. As can be seen from the screen below visits are basically non existing:

4 in March and 0 in April so far. So the question is, how can a new item become a trending one with no visits at all? :slight_smile:

Also the review time for this type of files is over 100 days. So this is way beyond absurd now. Waiting 100+ days for 5 visits doesn’t even seem real.

10 Likes

Return the sorting to new subjects. Enough to scoff at people!

6 Likes

stop these tests. or you count how many people are unhappy? although you do not care for the discontent :rage:

8 Likes