FTP uploads not showing in upload page

Hello
I’m unable to upload my files to AJ, both on the browser and the FTP
the browser gives an error when I upload the ZIP file.

As for the FTP, I upload the files in FileZilla Pro, it says the transfers are successful, but when I go to Envato’s upload page I don’t find the files there, even when I refresh the page.
and as soon I refresh Filezilla pro, looks like the files disappear, or… assuming ((maybe)) I don’t have access to keep seeing them?

I tried many times to reset the FTP setup, refill the lines, and created many new API keys. but no luck.

And just to recap for you my FTP process, in case I’m doing it wrong:

Host: ftp.author.envato.com
Port: 21
user: [my username]
Password: [the API Key I get from Envato’s Token creator.]
then I drag and drop my files to the remote site.
then I should be expecting the files to show up on my upload page using my internet browser [Chrome], am I correct?

I used to do the FTP uploads without problems, but It’s been almost a year since last time I uploaded new items, please let me know I’m I missing something, and how to fix the problem?

Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Hi,

You are using old host. please check the following.

You need to create a Personal Token here: https://build.envato.com/create-token/

Api permission for ftp:
When You will create a Personal Token can you confirm the following:

1. You’ve generated a new API key here: https://build.envato.com/create-token/
  2. It has permissions to:
  1. When you log in you’re using the new API key as your password, and the username is set case sensitive

for ftp You will need to confirm the following settings:

Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
Host: ftp.marketplace.envato.com
Encryption: Use explicit FTP over TLS if available
Logon Type: Ask for password
User: <your Envato username here> (this is case-sensitive)
Password: <you will be prompted for the API key>

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks it worked, it was the Host.

in case you work with the support team, maybe it worth mentioning that the FTP article isn’t fully updated, the host info mentioned in the snapshot example wasn’t matching the text in the article, and that got me confused:

Best,

1 Like

Yes, same happened to me. When I was uploading even a year ago it seems that the uploaded article was clearer and didn’t have this mixing up info, which it seems appeared after they updated it sometime not too long ago.

1 Like

I think they are stated correctly there. May be you didn’t check clearly. there mentioned:

Please follow this process for Stock Footage and Motion Graphics items.

1. Open your FTP client and enter the following details:

Which FTP Address Should I Use?

Envato’s upload platform has two unique FTP accounts, which differ depending on the type of content you are uploading:

1 Like

Thank you so much