Freebies - Best Free VST Effects

ampLion Free

ampLion Free gives you a chance to try the quality of ampLion’s simulation. For free, you get an ultimate model of one of the most famous and guitar amps ever made(to mee looks like a Mesa Boogie).

Furthermore, ampLion Free also includes an exact model of a guitar speaker and a pickup microphone with fully customizable position - just like in ampLion Pro.

More info and free download here:

http://www.audiffex.com/EN/amplion/444/amplion-free.html

Mihai_Sorohan said

That will not really inform what is that and what is doing… you know, not every plugin it’s “self explaining” and not every computer user is familiar with some tools.

If I post a guitar amp, some people might not have any clue what a (beep) is that and what is supposed to make, at the same time they might search for a plugin that give a bit of “grittiness” to the sound…

hie… i suggest make another threat just using pictures and download link. and link the description/…

Thanks for the input but I don’t see any point of having two threads about EXACTLY same things.

Here is a cool find:

All you need to know about this is shown in THIS VIDEO, you can download it for free HERE.

man this files rocks… can u link me a piano realist and also a guitar… vst… i ll be very grateful…

graphcoder said

man this files rocks… can u link me a piano realist and also a guitar… vst… i ll be very grateful…

I’m glad that you find this useful. This is a thread about effects, for instruments you should check the Freebies - Samplers and Sample Libraries and Freebies - Free Synths. The most realistic pianos and guitars are usually sampled, but there are some very good physical modeling plugins as well.

Something useful for guitar players but not only.

Vladimir Titov released for free a free Marshall cabinet simulation for Windows and Mac. It’s available as Windows VST, Mac VST and MAC AU formats.

The specific Marshall AVT50X was used for this simulation.

You will need a SSE3 processor for the plugin to work.

The website is in Russian, but there’s nothing that Google translator couldn’t handle. Also the links are pretty self explanatory.

Get it for free - HERE

More info - HERE

Our AJ author 7Air offers on his website a very interesting effects combo.

"DRX8R is a Reverb/Compressor combo primarily designed for drums, but it can quite happily track any other audio source."

Free download on the <a href="http://www.7air.co.uk/vst-fx.php>OFFICIAL VST PLUGINS PAGE

Hi,

Is there a vst that would have an acoustic guitar effect? I only have an electric and, as cheap as they can be, can’t afford to go buy one as of yet… I’m using Magix Music Maker 16 premium… To put in better words… I’m hoping to find an effect that will make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Kiz

Kizzaaah said

Hi,

Is there a vst that would have an acoustic guitar effect? I only have an electric and, as cheap as they can be, can’t afford to go buy one as of yet… I’m using Magix Music Maker 16 premium… To put in better words… I’m hoping to find an effect that will make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Kiz

Well, there are some options, some free (Free Amp 2.5, Free Amp 3 from Fretted Synth) some not free (Amp Fire and something else I don’t find now but sounded like crap).

You might try to fix with Tribe VST a clean amp, but it’s just clean guitar amp, or put a bit of chorus and try to EQ it to sound more “glassy”, then combine it with an acoustic guitar VSTi.

Another Distortion

a VST plugin emulation of a MXR Distortion+

For more info and download, feel free to visit https://sites.google.com/site/distorque/home/vsts/distortion

Having people building guitar effect pedals and same people modeling plugins on those pedals it’s great. Having those plugins for free can be even greater :slight_smile:

HEPTODE offers free download of VST plug-ins that simulates DEEP CRUNCH and HEAVY TONE pedals.
http://www.heptode.com/vst_plugins.html

Arctican have some very interesting VST effects.

The Pilgrim’ is a filter ideal for both live and studio situations. It has a highpass & lowpass filter programmed into one dial, and allows a seamless sweep between the two.

Available as Windows VST, Mac VST and Mac AU.

The Function’ is a fully automatable stereo balancer. The plugin takes a stereo input and treats it as two separate channels, enabling the left and right inputs to be individually panned, levelled and phase inverted.

Available as Windows VST, Mac VST and Mac AU.

Long time no see :smiley:

Well, I’ve been busy with my new job which require a lot of time and I’m also forced to learn how to conduct because part of my job is as conductor, which is cool.

Anyway, I just found some new awesome plugins that I feel like sharing with fellow musicians here:

Audio Teknikk made some very useful plugins and put those for free. I nust say I was VERY impressed.

Equilibre

Format: VST for Windows

Features:

High pass filter (2-8 pole).

Low shelf filter (2 pole).

4 peak filters (2 pole).

High shelf filter (2 pole).

Low pass filter (2-8 pole).

Indicator lights on each band

Mute / solo on each band.

Stereo, mid or side processing on each band.

A|B comparison buttons.

Input level knob.

Saturation amount knob.

FFT display with bars or graph.

RMS and peak meters.

Frequency response graph with controllable nodes.

Left click mouse over and under node center to change Q.

Off/On switch.

Ctrl + left mouse click to default knobs.

Shift + left mouse click and drag to get precise knob movement.

First visual impact makes me think that is inspired by Waves Linear Phase EQ, one good and quite expensive piece (200-250$), but the stereo, mid or side processing on each band feature makes it more versatile for mixing and mastering.

For more info, donations to developer and free download check CLICK HERE

Ok… next one :slight_smile:

MidSideMangler

Features:

LR panning knob.

MS balance knob.

Mid panning knob.

Side panning knob.

Off/On switch.

Tried it and also this one is pretty impressive. Unlike other stereo tools, the effect is very prominent.

GreenEugene

Features:

Input level knob.

Saturation amount knob.

Six push buttons for selecting saturation/ distortion characters.

Ctrl+Left mouse click to default knobs.

Indicator light

Off/On switch.

Tried several settings on drums. The “snappy” distortion character works like a charm :slight_smile:

RedAmption

"a versatile and powerful compressor suited for many different tasks"

Features:

Switchable gain reduction/ input output meter.

Feed forward/ backward blend knob.

Feed forward feed backward / sidechain blend knob.

Tilt EQ knob to alter tone of envelope follower signal.

Threshold knob. 0…-24dBfs

Ratio knob. 1: 1.1…20

Attack knob. Time 0.1…100 ms

Release knob. Time 0.04…4 sec

Stereo, individual left right, mid or side processing buttons.

Four saturation mode buttons.

Dry/ wet blend knob.

Makeup gain knob.

Off/On switch.

Again, all plugins available for free HERE

Welcome back, Mihai_Sorohan. I’m glad to see you again :slight_smile: Do you moved to Norway?

Ane_Novak said

Welcome back, Mihai_Sorohan. I’m glad to see you again :slight_smile: Do you moved to Norway?

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, moved and life it’s a bit busy with language lessons, concerts, Christmas concerts, teaching, conducting and stuff.

Stock music will have to wait a bit because in my free time I will focus on my new album :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Mihai,
very helpful descriptions and links. These are many good qualitiy freebies you’re recommending here.
I recently stumbled upon a little free gem, too:

It’s the PQ33 Parametric Equalizer by J1000.

It comes with very good presets by the author.

Greetings from Berlin

Sascha

Thanks Basspartout for your input here :slight_smile:

Here, more EQ’s.

basiQ

Simple tone control with large Low, Mid, and High knobs

Preset Management with 12 preset slot within a single bank

Mono and Stereo applicable.

Supports up to 96 kHz Sample Rate.

Compact and straightforward user interface.

Supported Platform:

-Mac OSX 10.4 or Later (x32), Universal Binary

-Windows XP or later (x32)

-VST and AU compatible host software

http://www.kuassa.com/products/basiq

Never enough EQ’s :smiley:

Friendly neighborhood equalizer!, short, Fnequalizer.

Features

Paragraphic equalizer with 7 bands, with the option of bell, high and low shelf shape.

Additional Low pass and High pass filters for bass/treble roll off.

Accurate curve UI with an dB axis zoom feature for extra precision.

Mouse drag modifier for even more precision.

A special “curve scale” feature which amplifies the overall frequency response of all bands.

Nice main volume slider.

Four output mixing modes - stereo, mono or left/right channel.

Customizable default preset bank. Default bank comes with 10 presets.

CPU-friendly 64 bit SSE processing.

Three different skins, in addition to the default red theme (above), a blue and a clean minimal variant is available.

Possibility for custom skin design (see the “skins” directory for details).

Free! But please make sure you read the opt.->about text.

FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.oceanturtlemusic.com/drupal/node/3

Wow, while browsing through this thread I found out, that a) I already use many of the plugins you recommend here (and many I use thanks to your recommendation here) and b) there are still tons of great freebies I haven’t tried yet :slight_smile:

I recently found another great EQ and liked it very very much, first the sound and furthermore in the menu one can find frequency charts/templates/masks for different instruments, like a small handy eqing rough guide.

It’s the free version of the Electi-Q and it can be found here:
http://www.aixcoustic.com/index.php/posihfopit_edition/30/0/

Unfortunately, this is one of the few plugins that crashes very often on my system so I had to uninstall it again :frowning: , well to be more specific, it only crashed on Cubase 5LE, I had no problems with Zynewave Podium.
But you should definitely give it a try. It was my favourite free EQ so far, along with the 10EQ (page6), the aforementioned PQ 33 and the free Voxengo Eqs (Marvel and Overtone GEQ)

Greetings

Thanks Basspartout for your constant input on this thread.

So… more EQs:

SplineEQ is a linear phase equalizer plugin. Designed to be simple and flexible, SplineEQ allows you to create filters using Bézier splines, the best known way to design curves.

Up to 4 bands in the free version of SplineEQ.

More info and download here:

http://photosounder.com/splineeq/