Flikmotion threatens the DMCA

Hello. Yesterday, I’ve received a threatening letter from author with nickname @Flikmotion.
I do not want to write a lot, so just attach the text of the letter.

Hello,
Based on the design, animation style, animation timing, fonts and layouts that you are using in your Latter Day Titles for After Effects and Premiere Pro - I have good faith to believe that you are using my BOXD animation packs to create works of your own.
I am reaching out as a courtesy. In order to avoid receiving a DMCA notice and having these items removed from the marketplace, please send me the project files for both templates.
After inspection of your files, I will make the decision whether to move forward with the DMCA or not. I’m extending a 48 hour grace period.

@Flikmotion

Based on the fact that I made the project 100% completely by myself, this situation was very embarrassing to me.
Link on project Flikmotion: https://videohive.net/item/titles-and-lower-thirds/20197947
Links on my projects that Flikmotion demanded for inspection:

1. https://videohive.net/item/latter-day-titles-for-premiere-pro-essential-graphics/23195969
  2. https://videohive.net/item/latter-day-titles/23174175

On my opinion, our project are different and I want fairness in this situation. І impale, @Flikmotion abusing his powers DMCA.

He said, that he founder of technique ‘Self-Resizing’ and ‘Auto-Scaling’, but YouTube has a video with this technique with open access, and this video was uplouded earlier than project of @Flikmotion.
Link on this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5xw9m-sc4

20 Likes

You are not the first who faced unfounded claims from this author. I hope the envato will more closely examine such situations. Even the temporary removal of a template entails financial losses.

1 Like

The technique is one and the design is different

Thus, you can delete projects, where 3D made with the help of breeding layers)))

3 Likes

I was not injured, but indignant at the behavior of this author!

PS What to expect from a person who draws a trend sign himself? :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

I got a DMCA take down notice from this author a week ago. He claimed that I used his “original self-resizing system” but actually I didn’t do it. Eventually he sent me the DMCA without checking my template.

ENVATO TEAM, PLEASE TAKE APPROPRIATE MEASURES!

Self-resizing - it’s not a personal invention by Flikmotion.
How Envato team usage DMCA without check the expressions into AE?
How possible send DMCA if you can’t know about inside expression of project? (question for Flikmotion).

10 Likes

Flikmotion, are you serious!!? For real, this is ridiculous! But not for those who suffer from such actions.
In my opinion, this is unfair competition. I hope the Envato team will figure everything out. Because, as mentioned above, self-resizing - it’s not a personal invention by Flikmotion.

4 Likes

Totally agree with the others. This is extremely inadequate situation and Flikmotion has no right to send DMCA regarding “self-resizing” or “rectangular BG”. Hope Envato Support Team will respond on this properly.

4 Likes

XDDDD what did he just say now? what such a clown. What’s next? Sending a DMCA because he saw a familiar font in another project?

Seriously? It will not be very good if Envato does not pay attention to this …

It’s not very decent, I think.

@Make-Space Oh wow what a coincidence…

The same author that’s threatening you with a DMCA was threatened with one for very similar reasons years ago. It was a pretty big fiasco between him and the author that sent it to him.

This is the only thread that can be found as most of it was behind scenes:

edit: wrong link… I guess the threads were deleted. @therealist

I’m not taking sides, but I think it’s pretty ironic.

4 Likes

I think, if we will think like Flikmotion then even plugin from aescripts be subject to.

1 Like

@Make-Space
I was just about to talk about this. I also suffered this.

Self-resizing - it’s not a personal invention by Flikmotion. І impale, Flikmotion abusing his powers DMCA. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hope Envato pays attention to this :slight_smile:

It seems to me that the problem is wider than the actions of a single indecent user. The fact is that only the recipient of the DMCA can be punished and there are no consequences for abuse will only escalate the situation. Flikmotion is just a pioneer in this.
I think that Envato should pay attention to this topic right now, before it’s too late. Otherwise, the situation may become the same as at YT.

absolute different templates! support the author!

Man now these are coming to Envato? This is a trend on YouTube too people make stuff then they just change it up a bit and get all the rights.

I didn’t see your post! You said the same extant thing I hate the YouTube copyright thing you can never find no copyright music without coming up with a singing version

This author sends complaints for the technique that he did not create? Seriously )? The guys from Envato, well, really, I sometimes don’t understand which side you are on. Are you trying to please everyone without understanding? It does not happen:усмешка:The way out of this situation: immediately restore all deleted projects and make a flikmotion warning. We only want equity in our common market. Peace for everyone !