Finding Images with Transparent Backgrounds

Hello there,

Is there any way that I can search for images with transparent backgrounds? I’ve seen so many pictures that I would love to use on a website - however those images have white backgrounds (which would look silly if I were to want to use layers).

Thanks. :slight_smile:

accessed files are stored as “jpg”, which are not transparent. If you want transparency you need to edit the file by removing unnecessary background and writing in “png”

Not sure if you can get transparent background photos on photodune so this is an excellent enquiry… After all they are all photographs! However, Photoshop can help if you open the photograph and “Save for the web…” which is in “png” as gubernat above said.

Perhaps someone from the staff can clarify this!

ashwave said

…this is an excellent enquiry…

I thought so too. I see so many brilliant images on Photodune, and they’re all available at such an affordable price. It’s just a shame that they’re not available in transparent PNG to begin with.

Thank you to the both of you for clarifying this matter. I guess it just means that I have to spend some more time making each pic have a transparent background!

Again, thank you to the both of you for your time.

You could try the isolated object section of GR. There are a lot of isolated object photos saved on transparent backgrounds as .PSD or PNG files:

Hey so just clarify something, photodune is strait stock photography. Alpha channels and layers (Transparency in images) are graphics attributes which is why they can’t be found here, but rather on graphicriver. Whether or not there’s a way to search for images with an alpha channel on that marketplace, I’m not sure.

If you’ve found an image on this marketplace with a strait white background you’d like to use. Making it transparent with photoshop or gimp is really easy, and I’d be happy to walk you through the steps If you need help with doing that.

Thank you @envirographic!! :slight_smile:

@JTLegg, you’re a gentleman. I haven’t had the time to look for the images that I want, but when I do, I’ll let you know if I need assistance.

Thank you all for your insight!