Finally, A daw controller worth trying?

Hey Benji

Well, this Looks very very interesting! I’m definitely not a Behringer fan, but I had three BCF2000 and a BCR2000 running for years without any problem and I sold many of them to my customers and just one or two came back with a Problem, while about 90% of the Mackie Control I sold broke up within 2 years…

You can imagine that I really don’t like the Mackies anymore.

Beside this, the Mackie Control is to deep. If you want to put them in front of your Monitor, there will be no more room for a mouxe and a Keyboard. That’s why I bought two Avid MC Mix for this, plus a Behringer BCR2000, which makes a really nice mixing desk. See them in my setup here:

The MC Mix are working very nicely and they are very small and good looking. But I can imagine, the new Behringer’s will do a similar great job and it costs less then the half of the AVID MC Mix, while it has some additional buttons and transport controls!

Matt! that looks amazing! nice setup! And, you had exactly my thoughts on the mackie mcu. Too bulky for everything else that goes on a modern project studio desk, keyboard/mouse/etc, and ive had mackie stuff break just as much as behringer, so there you go. So Im looking forward to when the x-touch is released, so I can start riding faders again… yay. I note they are also bringing out a midi controller keyboard with motorized faders as well! I’d go for that, but it doesnt have the scribble strip, which I think is a must.

Bloody hell, never thought I’d see the day when a Behringer got more praise and attention than a reputable US export such as a Mackie! How times have obviously changed!

Anyway, that’s a wonderful setup there Mat, wow. Seems like a superb environment to get creative in. I see the BCR there. I actually used one of those alongside a BCF a few years back, but it was the BCF that sadly died on me - right in the middle of a live gig, and I never quite forgave them for it!

Anyway, as we’re posting piccies, I’ll show you my Mackie MCU tank in action, in my own much-less-impressive studio, haha…

!http://i.imgur.com/FVkhNpc.jpg!

Wow Matt, that’s not less-impressive, it’s very nice!!

matsteiner said

Wow Matt, that’s not less-impressive, it’s very nice!!

Haha thanks dude! The only thing that pic doesn’t capture however, is the smell of Chow Mein from the takeaway downstairs and the constant barking from the two dogs next door. Other than that, I’m quite content working there!

Something doesn’t sit right here…both your studios are waaaay too tidy! LOL Seriously, nice setup guys. I think Id’d get a sore neck looking up at your top monitors though Mat (the one with one T).

Once I finish tidying up my studio, I’ll post piccies of mine one day.

Cheers,
Gari

gbiasillo said

Something doesn’t sit right here…both your studios are waaaay too tidy! LOL Seriously, nice setup guys. I think Id’d get a sore neck looking up at your top monitors though Mat (the one with one T).

Once I finish tidying up my studio, I’ll post piccies of mine one day.

Cheers,
Gari

lol, well I cleaned up a bit before taking the picture :D
And you're right, the top monitor is too high for really working on it, but usually move some metering stuff and momentary not very much used PlugIns up there. That's the only reason I don't have a sixth monitor sitting up there, one of those pain-makers is enough :)

All your studio set ups are rubbish…here’s mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, We need a “show a pic of your studio” thread… It’s time

Matt, you need more keyboards… Mat, you need more monitors… Revturkey, you need a bigger hat… and all you three need more cowbells!

Cool pics, guys :smiley: I remember Mat’s Studio from another thread :slight_smile:

The controller looks good but I’m too used to mouse, even if I’ve worked with some control surfaces like D-Command and little Command-8 and they were very cool.

…aaand this is where I live most of the time (still unfinished)

!https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62567774/lucastudio.png!

lucafrancini said

Cool pics, guys :smiley: I remember Mat’s Studio from another thread :slight_smile:

The controller looks good but I’m too used to mouse, even if I’ve worked with some control surfaces like D-Command and little Command-8 and they were very cool.

…aaand this is where I live most of the time (still unfinished)

!https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62567774/lucastudio.png!

cool, looks nice too Mr. Mouse :D
NoizMan said

Matt, you need more keyboards… Mat, you need more monitors… Revturkey, you need a bigger hat… and all you three need more cowbells!

well I actually have two Keyboards :D
The second one is a 61 Key behind the 88 Key :)
But to get some cowbells shouldn't be a problem here in Switzerland :D
matsteiner said

…to get some cowbells shouldn’t be a problem here in Switzerland :smiley:

That’s why your mixes sound that good :wink:

NoizMan said
matsteiner said

No no, that's not the reason
The real reaon is the latest Mix PlugIn from Waves: 'Automix Pro Platinum Edition' :D
matsteiner said
NoizMan said
matsteiner said

The real reaon is the latest Mix PlugIn from Waves: 'Automix Pro Platinum Edition' :D

I must have that Plug-in!!! I really need it!!!

\\

NoizMan said
matsteiner said
NoizMan said
matsteiner said

I must have that Plug-in!!! I really need it!!!

\\

Now worries my friend, you don't need it. Your stuff sounds good enough without this :)
But I'll sell you a copy, but first you should show a picture of your studio ;)
Indeed I am a Waves reseller, so in case you need something, just let me know, I'm sure I can make a better deal ;) (this was no joke now)
Sonicbyte said

It already exists:
||+981522|UJ-pro said-||
Sonicbyte said

It already exists:
In this thread there are all around studios, but I wanna see more music studios :) It would be like thread on gearslutz... with cool gear and speaker, acoustic treatment and whiskey... typicly music studio

Ok Mat, but I really need that copy.

These are the two rooms of the studio. I share it with another music production crew. It’s one of the worst acoustically treated rooms in the world but I generally use the small room if I don’t need to record something important.

Project Room

Main Room