Feedback for first attempt at stock music

Hi everybody, I’m new here and this is my first post. I would like to submit my first attempt at stock music but I was wondering if anybody would be willing to give me some feedback before I upload the track? I’m still an amateur at arranging, mixing and mastering, and I find it quite intimidating to wear all those hats, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Welcome, glad for you to be part of the community!

I’ll be perfectly honest with you, based on this track it sounds like you know exactly what you’re doing with arrangement, mixing, and mastering. My only advice is be confident in your music and go ahead and submit!

1 Like

Wow, I really appreciate that! Confidence is something I often struggle with but your kind words really made my day:)

Wonderful,you can submit.

1 Like

I agree, this sounds very professional :wink:
Go ahead!

1 Like

Thank you marksmith121 and Frodonut, I’m grateful for the feedback!

1 Like

Sounds lovely, very nicely composed, arranged, mixed and the mastering is just fine. I’m pretty sure it will be approved.

A few minor notes from a totally personal point of my:

• From 0:43 until the end, I would add an additional subtle melodic element with a new, simple line. Could be a mellow electric piano (Rhode, Wurli) or a whistled melody. You can always autotune the hell out of it if you’re not a perfect-pitched whistler. :wink:
  • I would go for a more relaxed ending, something to disguise a bit the conclusiveness of that final V-I with the melody so stroingly falling in C. Perhaps just leaving the final chord sustained could do the trick.

But I don’t know, I might be messing it up. As said above, trust your stuff. It’s great.

1 Like

Thanks WormwoodMusic! Those are great ideas. I already uploaded it before I read your post so I won’t be able to change anything now lol. So I guess we will see what the reviewers have to say. Thanks again for your input!

1 Like

Hey Everybody, I got good news today that this track was accepted. Thanks again for the encouragement! Now on to my second attempt:)

3 Likes

That’s awesome, congrats! To even more success from now on! :beers: :partying_face:

2 Likes